Any good O/O companies left?

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by hrdman2luv, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave kapp

dave kapp Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Upstate NY
    working hard is fine

working smart is better

breaking every current hos law, which just gives more ammo for them to make more stringant, invasive ones

is just plain dumb

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hrdman2luv

hrdman2luv Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    That's just the way you see it..

I see your way is either a reason to be lazy and not excell yourself to make more money. Or bowing down to the commi's that write stupid laws.

Why should I, or anyone else be forced to abide by "stupid" laws, just because a bunch of other drivers want to accept that "their way" is right?

It's like the government, and those that support the government, ripping the Liberty right out of our American souls.

4. dave kapp

dave kapp Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Upstate NY
    so we should all be able to kill someone that wronged us? hey, it's a stupid law that sayes you can't.

why even carry a log book? it's just some stupid law that sayes you have to.

have some ballz, when you get pulled into a dot check tell them it's a stupid law and you don't have to follow it.

5. hrdman2luv

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    Excuse me? Kill someone? Who the heck ever said anything about killing anyone?

You think just because you don't do what the government say's, then your a danger to someone...

I'll have you know, the old guy that taught me to drive, has been driving close to or over 200,000 miles a year, ever since he's been OTR. And he's never had an accident, killed or injured anyone or fell asleep at the wheel.

Just because MOST of us have sense enough to pull over when we're sleepy, doesn't make us unsafe. He taught me the one thing that a log book, DOT officer, Politician or some trainer could ever teach anyone... To drive when your awake and sleep when your sleepy. And never let the freight keep you from doing either of them.

I'd like to see some statistics on drivers that fell asleep before their 11 hours was up.

6. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Medium Load Member

Jun 20, 2010
    NC
    working smart IS working hard!!!!!!

7. dave kapp

dave kapp Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Upstate NY
    i was using an extreme example.

what i'm trying to say is if it's a stupid law, then fight to change it, or at least take the lumps for not following it.

i pay a lot for ins. because i will not ever wear a seat belt and have gotten ticketed for it.

i tell them it's a infringement on my civil rights, and it is, i am also claustrophobic and cannot wear one, so i take my lumps.

so throw your log book out the window and take yours too.

8. hrdman2luv

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    I've never been pulled over without giving the DOT my take on the log book, the dingbat politicians that create the laws, and the commi's that enforse it.. And yes, I've even called'em commi's before. Almost got put in jail for it once.

Lumps? The biggest lumps I take is to the ears, when I hear people say that say "log books make the roads safer'....

9. dave kapp

dave kapp Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Upstate NY
    you may give them your take on it, but you also give them it.

throw it away! don't run one! it's stupid to have to so don't!

hell i hated to have one, hated the hos too, so i trew my truck away and went into a truck sector that doesn't make me have to pay attention to them.

10. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

The dot officers have nothing to do with these laws. They only enforce the laws that they are given. If you want to effect changes in this or any other laws, you need to start with your elected representatives. The reason we have our hours of service and have had so many changes in recent years are due to organizations such as MADD, etc., Most of them had someone who was injured or killed by a driver in a big truck, so they have made it their life's work to make changes in our industry. They make a lot of noise and make a case for their point of view.

We could make changes in our industry, but it will take more than whining or complaining on a message board or with other drivers at a truck stop. You need to organize your thoughts. Make a list of reasons why these laws don't do what they are designed to do and make a case for either getting rid of them or changing to more sensible laws. Talk to other drivers. Each of them should begin a campaign to contact their state and federal representatives. Make phone calls, write letters and send emails. Get a petition together and start gathering signatures from those who are directly affected. Once you get the ball rolling, you could probably get some national publicity from media. If you want change, then you need to take action. Some of these special interest groups are not that large. The just make a lot of noise. You need to find a way to make more noise. You can't just say that you don't like these laws and expect them to make changes. You need to make a valid case for your point of view.

The latest bill to come up involves EOBR's. Speed limiters are not far behind. The ones making the strongest push are the ATA. It is mainly some of the largest carriers who are pushing for this legislation. They have made a case for "safety" and "a level playing field." Some of these other special interest groups such as MADD are also supportive of this type of legislation. We all know that it is BS. It will mostly have a negative effect on smaller carriers and owner operators. You can make a case for nearly any point of view. Their case seems to be stronger because they are considered representative of this industry. They only represent a very small segment of trucking, but make a lot of noise.

BigJohn54 Thanks this.
  11. hrdman2luv

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    Calling it your job doesn't make it right. It was the NAZI's "JOB" to slaughter the jews. Was that right?
    Forcing a driver to call out road serveice to adjust his brakes, because he's "not certified", is right?
    Seaching a drivers truck without a warrant, is right?
    Confiscating a truckers firearm, just because it's in his truck, is right?

Dude, My representitives secretary practically knows me on a first name basis right now. From the log book issue, CSA 2010 issue, mexican truck issue(which he voted "against" HR 6630)...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.