Any good O/O companies left?

Discussion in 'Seek Employment' started by hrdman2luv, Nov 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave kapp

dave kapp Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Upstate NY
    but you have no independence! your leased! you were just crying about having to have a qualcomm!

get your own numbers and then you can talk about "independence".

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hrdman2luv

hrdman2luv Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    I'm trying... But if it ain't one thing... It's 15.

4. bobobrazil

bobobrazil Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2007
    In Front Of You
    hrdman2luv,
    You have got to be one of the most politically interested people in the world!
    I used to hang out in the politics area until I just couldn't take Mooney any more.
    But you are an interesting case study...you started out with asking about a company to lease on with and now...we are back to politics!
    You live and breath it, don't you?

5. hrdman2luv

hrdman2luv Medium Load Member

Dec 24, 2006
    100% Texan til I die.
    My job is a VERY important part of my life. As I'm sure it is with just about everyone else here. And there have been so many changes in this industry, just in the 10.5 years I've been driving. Changes that haven't been for the good. I thought by buying a truck, the money would be better...And I could run the way I liked running.. After all, I don't have any accidents. And the few tickets I've ever gotten, i've paid a lawyer to keep my MVR clean. But every time you turn around, stupid politicians or beaurocrats are changing everything and making it worse... Seem I got into trucking just in time to see the good times get thrown out the window.

I see so many better solutions for so many different kinds of drivers. Company drivers, O/O's, L/O's......... But nothing I can do about it. I've always been VERY independent... And trucking, for me, just fit right in.. I know how to do my job, and I didn't have someone breathing down my neck telling me I could do it better...And just about the time I think I've got it all figured out, the 5 year plan, turns into 10 years...

And it's not all been the government's fault. But dang it. We could make a lot more money if they'd just give us the chance..

Sure I know, you've got idiot's out there, that tend to screw things up for everyone... But for pete's sake. It's not like all these laws and regulations they keep creating is keeping people from having wrecks and doing stupid things...
    The majority of the accidents caused by truck drivers, are those of highly regulated trucking companies.. Werner, JB, Swift and other big companies..
    If the reg's actually made the roads safer, then you'd think those companies would have an outstanding record.

As far as this thread goes... I posted it quite a while ago..Some one said something about running two log books, and that's where it all started..

BTW, Mooney is gone... Someone named microft is either him or his twin. He got booted.. But I suspect, he changed his name.

6. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    If more people took the time to contact their representatives about upcoming legislation that directly affects us, they would begin to listen. The only reason legislators and the fmcsa listens to the ATA and the major carriers is because of their effort to effect change. They make a lot of noise and take the time to contact those who can make a difference.

hrdman2luv Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.