Any info about Florida regional area?

Discussion in 'Heartland' started by Russjac, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Russjac

Russjac Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Las Vegas
    I am trying to find a good company based near Jacksonville, Fl. Heartland's site has a couple of regions that I would love to run in and a terminal in JAX. So I was wondering if anybody has any info about the Florida or southeast regions?
    What are the weekly miles like?
    What do they usually haul, and is it a lot of drop and hook, or is it a lot of live load/unload? Do they do a lot of commercial deliveries or is it mostly to warehouses?
    What type of tractors do they run? Are they good about maintaining them?
    How are the Dispatchers like to deal with?
    Are the planners good and have preplans before you drop, or do they give you your next load several hours after you drop, like my current company does?

Any real info would be appreciated, especially if it is specific to the Florida or Southeast regions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Florida Rock & Tank has a Jacksonville terminal & runs Southeast regional.

4. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Look at PTI. Paper Transport, Inc. Heard some good things about them. Regional,vans,dedicated, and they stay busy.

Russjac Thanks this.
  5. Russjac

Apr 3, 2012
    Las Vegas
    They look good from their site, do you know anything about them? I am sure requiring an X endorsement must pay really well.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  6. stabob

stabob Heavy Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Sebring Fl
    LOL.......

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  7. Russjac

Apr 3, 2012
    Las Vegas
    ????????? Thanks for being so cryptic and helpful

8. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Florida Rock is not known to pay well. OK benefits, stable company,good basic equipment, plenty of work. But not high dollar wages. From what I have been told.Guess you could check them out, and find the truth.

Russjac Thanks this.
  9. ChromeDome

ChromeDome Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Lakeland, FL
    I am running FL GA now. That is about it. I am in a dedicated division dispatched out of IA though. I am running a pretty consistent 2300 miles a week, but took a large pay cut moving to FL. Still it is steady work and I am home weekends. The guys in the office at Jacksonville seem nice from what I have seen.
    Trucks are mostly Prostars. None more than 3.5 years old. Very well maintained. Trailers are mostly less than 4 years old. I normally have a plan before dropping. But some days it comes in at the last minute. Working to train my dispatcher better to have it a day in advance, so I can plan better.

10. dkpix

dkpix Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2013
  11. Leftnut

Leftnut Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Mobile, Al
    ChromeDome I live in Mobile Al and have been approved to go to work with Heartland Express. You think I am in a good area for their southeast regional? I really want some decent home time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.