Any info from former drivers on Boyle Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by cyclingtrucker, Aug 30, 2012.

1. cyclingtrucker

cyclingtrucker Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2008
    west lafayette, in
    My wife and I are experienced hazmat Team looking to make a move to carrying for Boyle Transportation. I would like a former team drivers opinion of this company.

Boylerecruiter Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. allorn

allorn Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2012
    they are a good company low miles avg yr income for team 100000+/-

4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Can you elaborate "company representative that found this thread by Google'n your company name"?

Sounds from their web site, if you like automatics, and being babysat, they are for you:

5. allorn

allorn Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2012
    it is not the same company that it was ten yrs ago it keeps changing. but the first thing you have to do is qualify which is not easy for most drivers. I can tell you it is not tsmt, r and r, or landstar. yes the do have automatics and they go 65. saftey is important to them and they push the csa2010. find one of their drivers and ask them what they think. they do have a low turn over 10-30% i think.

6. bikabikabika

bikabikabika Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I agree with other post. The mileage is low for a team. Pay is okay considering the low mileage. You are required to babysit every load. No going into eat or shower at the same time. Can't stop for more than 2 hours at a time and when you do stop you must call freight watch and tell them where you are stopping, why and how long. The company micro manages the drivers.

7. bikabikabika

bikabikabika Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes we currently driver for boyle, all I can say is if u like to be a puppet and hold a steering wheel you will do just fine they want to track your personal were abouts all the time even if ur not in your truck

8. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    It's different type of trucking. You're hauling stuff that is tracked most of the time, and is security and safety sensitive. There are more rules and regulations. If you want to be a cowboy trucker, it's not the right place for you. I have not worked for them but worked for several other companies doing the same type of hauling.

9. Whitewalls

Whitewalls Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2013
    We drive for Boyle and don't feel like a puppet or micro managed. Probably depends on the team. We get two days off for every week out. Have a guaranteed daily wage, 25 dollar daily perdiem, spend some part of the weekend in a company paid motel. Miles are generally lower then you would expect for a team but teams are needed because most loads require constant attendance. In turn though you are paid for every activity; delays, load, unload, refer monitoring ect.. It is interesting work and dispatch has lots of years of experiance. Two brothers own the company and really care about their people. I have never worked for such a great company! If I were unhappy I would quit not whine.

10. sidman

sidman Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2013
    What is a average take home pay with Boyle? Im active military and thinking of seperating after 12 years but I want to continue to drive the big trucks. Currently I mainly do flatbed hauling of Heavy Equipment. Trying to make the right move to a decent/fair company. I like the idea of a min weekly salary. What about insurance, whats the cost for a family? Thanks for any help!

11. sidman

sidman Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Could you tell me the average pay for a new driver and what is the min weekly pay about and how much approx? Thanks!

LinehaulLoafer Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.