Any info on James J Williams? (tankers Spokane area)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by tscottme, Oct 19, 2018.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Anyone know about a tanker outfit near the Spokane WA area called James J Williams. The job seems focused on WA, ID, MT, and western Canada.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    What all ya wanna know? Ive been there 5 years plan on staying quite a while.

Bluedew and tscottme Thank this.
  4. tscottme

I see an ad on Craigslist claiming to average $60-80k, $1400/week and home often. One ad is based out of Spokane and another is based out of Longview IIRC. The job seems to be hauling tankers somewhere in the surrounding states and Western Canada.

I have 20 plus years driving vans and a little over a year pulling hazmat tankers. I'm guaranteed $1200/wk where I'm at. I really want to live somewhere in the inland PNW. I will retire somewhere there in 10-15 years.

Do the advertised pay seem likely? Are the health benefits good/expensive? Does the company take care of the equipment? How does the company treat you? If you don't want to say things in public I can contact you via private conversation in this website.

Thanks

5. Air Cooled

Air Cooled Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    Baltimore
    I’m living in Spokane now. I see them around quite a bit. Good equipment. They sent me insurance info but it was a little too much to cover the family.

tscottme Thanks this.
  6. Roberts450

Feb 6, 2016
    The pay is close. Its a mileage based system so the harder ya wanna run the more miles/money you can make. There is different base wages between the two terminals, with Longview being the higher of the two but also higher cost of living on the westside of Washington, runs are longer out of Spokane though. There are remote yard, in Vancouver, Aberdeen, Kent and Anacortes Wa that are run out of the longview office and a yard in Pasco thats run out of the Spokane office. Its pretty much strictly chemical tankers out of the Longview office and mostly short 2-300 mile runs, Spokane has chemical tankers, pneumatic tankers, and hoppers. We run strictly in the northwest and run heavy at 105,500 gross. Not sure on the insurance cost as Im just a single guy so get just the bare minimum. I stay out all week and reset at home for my 34hr. Maintance is pretty good, everyone in both offices knows me by name. Ive chosen to run hard and my pay reflects that. We do have drivers that like being home more often as well.

tscottme Thanks this.
  7. tscottme

Thanks. Is pay pretty consistent year round or does it vary a lot during certain seasons?

8. Roberts450

Feb 6, 2016
    We have almost exclusively dedicated customers so its pretty consistent BUT we do service food/ag/paper industries so there is a constant up and down with the economy but pretty steady year round. Im on track for 100,000 miles this year and never go more the 500 miles in one direction from Spokane and home every weekend. Most Spokane drivers are able to be home about every other night if you wanna be. Longview driver are home most every night.

tscottme Thanks this.
  9. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Do you have to chain up a lot?

10. Roberts450

Feb 6, 2016
    It kinda depends. We are expected to chain sense its the northwest and all and dispatch does understand things can get dicy but most of the time the road departments will shut things down before it gets to bad.

tscottme Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.