Any Landstar guys looking for a company stepdeck?

Discussion in 'Landstar' started by sawmill, Mar 8, 2019.

1. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    I have a Landstar company stepdeck sitting in my yard that was dropped several months ago by a BCO who has no intention of coming back for it. If anyone wants it then come get it. Located in Evanston WY.

Calls to trailer utilization and orientation offices have not worked. I hear there's a waiting list for these trailers but they don't seem too motivated to play matchmaker here. If you want it send me a PM.

Dave_in_AZ, cke, Shock Therapy and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    file lost property papers. then reclaim it and then sell it once you have a title. bam little hard work will give you some extra cash. i sold a car to a lady once. she paid cash and i gave her all the papers. it took her 3 months to come it. she stopped answering texts, and calls too. so i told her one day on a text. she had this sunday to get it. or i was filing lost property papers for title. that sunday it was gone

sawmill Thanks this.
  4. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    The first step is to call the police and have the VIN verified.

I'll bet you find out really quickly who owns the trailer and the company may be looking for it back.

The second step is to send a certified letter to last registered address. If it's not answered and comes back to you after 30 days. THEN, you can do what @truckdriver31 says.

James j Thanks this.
  5. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    oh and charge storage fees. the put a lien on the trailer. sell for 15k

6. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Is it a red sled?? The big heavy red ones? I know they’re selling them, I’d like to get one. I was at a customer last week and they had 6 of them they’ve been trying for months to get landstar to come get.....

Dave_in_AZ and sawmill Thank this.
  7. sawmill

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    No it's one of the newer Fontaine. Blue frame. They know it there, just won't send someone after it.

I posted this hoping to help a BCO find one. But if nobody wants it I'll own it soon.

Dave_in_AZ, cke, 7-UP and 3 others Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    They just don't wanna pay someone to drive over there from Reno or Ft. Worth. If someone has one go down, then somebody will come get it.

Plus they hire the people in trailer utilization from job fairs they conduct at rehab centers, half way houses, and low level offender programs.

jsnell, whoopNride and bzinger Thank this.
  9. sawmill

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    I gave them three months to get someone to pick it up. I pay rent for all the space I take up so at this point if they want it back they're going to have to pay for it.

bzinger and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I have two questions ( raises hand ).

Why did the BCO drop it there?

Why did you volunteer yourself?

11. sawmill

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    I had a stretch RGN that belonged to an agent. I told him when I cancelled my lease he could keep it thete til he found someone to pull it. So I wasn't worried about that.

What I didn't know was the guy who he found to come get it brought a stepdeck with him and just left it.

Trailer utilization department has been no help and I even call the Reno orientation office.

For all the rumors I've heard about there being a waiting list for the step decks they sure don't seem to be able to match people up with one when it's available.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.