Any legit paid parking in the South of LA area?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by PermanentTourist, Jan 25, 2021.

1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    park on the shoulder. no problems

D.Tibbitt and PermanentTourist Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    I would take a quick catnap at a card lock next to the Coliseum on Hegenberger.
    It wasn't to bad. No one really walking around at 3am and as long as the gun fire wasn't close by you knew you were fine.

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    That is where trip planning comes in.
    I always plan to never be anywhere near that area at any time.

Truckers should boycott any area that does not provide enough parking for us.
    And not just dirt lots or small rest areas.
    If local governments want truck service they should provide ample truck stops as well, with all the goodies.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  5. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I would definitely think twice about parking on the streets overnight anywhere west of the 605. That Carson Street truck parking is full of homeless people in RV's the last time I saw it. You can try one of the industrial areas in west Orange County. I've had to do that at a slow shipper once and didn't have a ticket on the windshield in the morning, no guarantees though.

6. PermanentTourist

PermanentTourist Heavy Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    48 states + Canada
    Fair enough, except I love me some of them empty random dirt lots. Especially on the outskirts, near the woods or desert. Feels like camping. Sometimes I park in the overflow dirt lot even when the truck stop is empty, just to be by myself and have lots of room for my dog to run and not have to listen to everyone idling for no reason.

Dirt lots are my jam

Sadly, no dirt lots in LA :-(

Aa far as trip planning... I'm getting $5 a mile for the trip south from bay area and $6 a mile for the run back north to san fran. $4000+ for 3 days of work is worth a little bit of LA hassle

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  7. PermanentTourist

PermanentTourist Heavy Load Member

Nov 9, 2016
    48 states + Canada
    Homeless in RVs (do they still count as homeless?) is a good sign of legal street parking, as long as they don't take up the whole street...

And yeah, I got a couple of backup secret spots in Santa Fe Springs that I can utilize if all else fails.

Whenever I see a legit parking spot in a big city, I always perma-mark it on my google maps, never know when it might come in handy.

8. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Alright. "Houseless". L.A. is full of old beater RV's. If they're nice, they won't empty out their sewage tanks on your street.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  9. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Parking is ok, surfing, some of the locals don't like that. I see the little trucstop at at Santafe and Anaheim ,looks like it is gone, good Italian Deli is still there .

10. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Yep, for lease worked for me recently in Atlanta. Driving around industrial areas sometimes produces decent hideaways.

11. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    It's not pay to park but Ive parked a couple times next to the beach parking by laguna beach.

It's illegal as all hell to park anywhere there on the streets but I've gotten lucky before.

$30 during the day time at "nature park beach"

$10 during the day to park your bobtail by Ron jons surf shop and the public beach. Parking is on the water side of the highway.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.