Any real info on Redding Lumber Transport (RLT)??

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by planafreighters, Aug 4, 2015.

1. planafreighters

planafreighters Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Tehachapi, CA
    Any RLT drivers (not recruiters) out there with some real honest feedback on Redding Lumber Transport out of Redding, CA? I currently work for Melton Truck Lines and there are ABSOLUTELY NO MILES HERE so I am looking for an open deck company that will allow/pay me to run. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. q in sac

q in sac Light Load Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    They run I 5, Seattle to Los Angeles. They do open deck, mostly lumber. Don't know where u based at. Give them a call and see what they have to offer.

4. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Do you live in or near redding? Check out Combined and Oldland.

5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Oldland doesn't pay much. .30 cpm to start but nice rides.. From what I gathered from talking to RLT they don't do set days off for hometime. You just get to go home when you pass through town if the load has time on it. I'm from Redding so it might workout alright but I like actual days off

6. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    I may be wrong but I believe all the flats are o/o's. I looked in to leasing to them a while ago. Their recruiter/HR person knew absolutely nothing about rates/lanes etc. The co.drivers I've talked to seem to agree that the pay isn't the greatest but they treat their drivers well & are good people to work for.
    The flats used to haul a lot of Foxfarm out of Samoa, mostly to Denver or Seattle.

7. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    RLT does have company flatbed drivers. when I looked at going there a couple years ago I believe it paid like .30-.32 cpm and not much else

8. Nicaraguense

Nicaraguense Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2012
    You can also look at TP trucking, sprinter, and thomas and sons if i5 is what you want.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  9. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    TP is hiring right now according to Facebook. they seem like a really well run company. I have a friend that runs for Thomas and has been there over 10 years. he loves it

10. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Ruger, is Vail Northwest still in business? I remember when I used to haul logs into Timber Products in Munising, Mi. that it was a lot of Vail Northwest or Timber Products flatbeds hauling out the finished product.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.