Any truckers in Oklahoma?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bleter, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Bleter

Bleter Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Anyone that lives here?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. roadlt

roadlt Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Hughson, California
    If you are at one of those diploma mill schools, you may want to look else where for your train ing. I had a simular problem here in California. Inferior equipment, too many students! If you are self pay, you can demand your money back for breach of contract! if you paid by credit or bank card, caal your bank, tell them what is going on, and contest it. I did and got my money back. I did better research and landed in a much better, company sponsored school. If you are looking for company sponsored training, you may want to look at the larger companies.

4. roadlt

Apr 27, 2013
    Hughson, California
    If that is not an option, make your presence felt, let them know you are not satisfied with the training and you are not getting it. Go all the way up to the highest level. Let them know you will turn them into the BBB along with the State and Federal regulating authorities. They owe you, they are required to train and prepare you properly. Make them! They have to deliver the goods and services they say they will. Just because you think you have no other options doesn't mean you have to put up with inferior goods and services. Document everything you do, Make your requests in writing.

5. Bleter

Bleter Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Pawleys Island, SC
    It is a company sponsored school with Stevens. Before I went I researched them and it seemed fine, but once I got here it was a different story. They gave us a bill for the bus ticket and hotel that was over $900 and said if we weren't happy with things we could pay them right there and leave, I wasn't in a position to do that. We are now on the hook for the school tuition and I have no idea if I can actually pass the test. I talked to our liaison from Stevens and she was really nasty to me. And that was just about things the recruiter had said which were different once I actually got here. I see you're a student too. How much driving time do you get?

6. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Any cows in Texas?:biggrin_2559:

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The Devil lives in OK.
    I guess his new address is the Stevens school.

8. willardskillard

willardskillard Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Taos, New Mexico
    You can learn to back in 6 days no problem. You will only do 3 backs, You have to know them all because you dont know which 3. You will do a straight line one off set, and either one of the parallels or the 90, Just calm down, I was the same way 2 weeks ago. once things start clicking progress comes fast, Look at the sear adjuster while standing on the side of truck, If its broken then make them fix it. Dont go to the instructor/ Go tell the Director. And if that dont work then go tell the Owner. The seat must be adjusted right or you will never be able to back. You need to be sitting with your feet flat on the floor and thighs flat of horizontal. steering wheel should be where your plate would be if you were eating, seat forward enough so you can push clutch to the floor. But only push it to floor when shifting to 1st or reverse. When your driving you just barely push it in to shift. when you shift gears dont push clutch with lower leg or calf mussel, use your thigh. Otherwise you will push to far and get in the clutch brake. You should have went to Drumright driving school in oklahoma.

9. willardskillard

willardskillard Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Taos, New Mexico
    offset and parallel are same back if you think about it. and once you get the idea the 90 is the easiest one of all. I was in your shoes just the other day. you can do this. The females learned it quick. dont forget to pray also, it helps keep you calm. Or it did me. People can laugh all they want, I believe in God, and prayer helps.

Puppage Thanks this.
  10. roadlt

Apr 27, 2013
    Hughson, California
    A lot of what you are saying doesn't sound right or even legal. It sounds like extorsion too me. They can't put you on a bus, then start threatening you with any fees if all you did was catch the bus down there. All that comes after you sign the contracts and begin attending training. That is a very large company and I don't see them doing what you are saying they are doing. There are always grace periods as to how long you have to attend before the contract becomes an obligation. I also don't see Steven's training their people on inferior, private truck school type of equipment.

11. southpaw2153

southpaw2153 Light Load Member

May 10, 2013
    Sounds like an absolute horror story. I hope things get better and I hope they work out for you. Yikes. Glad I never had to go to one of these schools to get my license. :biggrin_25513:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.