Any truth to this for 2020 trucks ?? Mandated Crash detection system?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by HD_Renegade, Dec 12, 2018.

1. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    This industry doesn't get the 17 year old who knows how to operate a backhoe. Instead it recruits 32 year old gamers who barely learned how to drive a Honda. Until that changes expect even more gizmos.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Oh, Dukes of Hazard have nothing on Tesla lol Fail

Tesla hits parked California police vehicle; driver blames Autopilot

4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Feedman, shogun, magoo68 and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Reading the article it sounds like teslas love hitting emergency vehicles wow

6. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Soon shifting gears will be declared a serious distraction. Bendix and whoever else makes all this safety stuff is cashing in on the hysteria.

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    What's interesting is that Tesla warns that if you have another vehicle in front of you and the other vehicle makes evasive maneuvers to avoid a stationary object, their car wont detect the stationary object.

So, if you're Tesla'ring along, seat leaned back playing pocket pool, and Dufus is up in front of you doing the typical Dufus thing of looking just 20ft ahead of the windshield and has to make evasive maneuvers Tesla will detect Dufus and go "all eyes on Dufus!", you're probably going to hit whatever Dufus was trying to avoid.

They built a car that's on par with the average motorist. Impressive. Most people should be just fine.

Feedman, shogun and magoo68 Thank this.
  8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Just in case anybody has ever wondered if what you type online is used by third parties. since I responded to this thread 2 days ago, I've received no less than 5 spam emails regarding "Anti-Collision Radar Systems" for my truck. I didn't do a Google search or any online search about them, I only typed it on this forum.

9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    how dare all these incompetant drivers come out here and haul all the products me and my mentally ill family want to use and consume, dont they kno i just want my stuff without the burden of them because im entitled to it. ,and could those kids packing coffee beans in columbia pick up the pace, i want my coffee and i want it now because im an entitled super trucker who wants what he wants but not doesnt want to pay the price for it because i have no clue how the world works, i just want more because more is better, and i want a good steak but i dont want to smell the cattle in the field because i shouldnt have to, im an entitled super trucker gosh darn it, doesnt everyone know this by now, now get moving, these young whipper snappers dont wanna work anymore, i mean how am i supposed to get my big mac, gosh darn it i need my big mac because im not fat enough yet to be a drain on the healthcare system that i complain is too expensive. oh the madness lol

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  10. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Having driven 2 different tucks equipped with these things in recent months, they are horrible, they are more of a distraction than a help.

Rubber duck kw and tscottme Thank this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Won't be as annoying as the bio harness, with retina tracking that alerts when your eyes move from the direction the vehicle is traveling.

These systems will beamed to both scale houses, and patrol cars.

Feedman and skellr Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.