Any truth to this for 2020 trucks ?? Mandated Crash detection system?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by HD_Renegade, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Keepontrucking2016

Keepontrucking2016 Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2016
    What is going on with trucking industry so many electronic installed this days in our trucks why can't they keep it simple like it used to be I don't know how the new drivers will manage to control trucks when they rely on electronic so much, when it failes this is ridiculous

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    Are you trolling X1HEAVY ???

4. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Most of my scary moments were because of these darn crash mitigation systems slamming the brakes in the rain on a construction zone.

I’m not too fond of not having complete control of my rig.

5. Keepontrucking2016

Keepontrucking2016 Light Load Member

Apr 7, 2016
    My truck only slams brakes when cruise is on I guess every truck is different I wonder if I can just delete this from ecm as I own my truck

6. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    No, just pointing out that x1 is the one trolling. If you wish to believe x1, he's not been a driver in this decade.

homeskillet and Feedman Thank this.
  7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Not at all....I am merely pointing out the inconsistencies in his 20,000+ posts.......:D

ZVar Thanks this.
  8. tndriver

tndriver Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2011
    mid south tn
    Well your wrong. I'm in a loaner truck now with all this crap on it. "It will" jam on the brakes for you. It beeps and buzzes all the freaking time. Early one morning had cruise set minding my own business with no vehicles around. It crams on the brakes starts beeping for about 3 seconds then back to normal. It's totally junk to me. I don't need help driving my truck.

9. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    the system i used i never had the issues people have talked about, and ive also never had a truck with these systems lock up the brakes in front of me, im not saying it doesnt happen it hasnt happened to me. and no i wouldnt put one on my own truck, i would take my chance on it malfunctioning, ive just never had the problems others have experienced with these systems and have never seen it happen around me in all the time they have been out, maybe ive been lucky

10. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I drove a Cascadia in 2012 that had this system and am now driving a 2015 Cascadia with this system and I am here to tell you, this system is down right dangerous! There is no good about it, that I can find, that overrides the bad. The system has improved, I will give you that, but not by much. It still hits the breaks when a shadow appears and if your passing on the left, the system reacts to vehicles in the right lane. This system at the very least, waste fuel. If your out of town and cruising right along, you can be uninfected by the system but, anywhere near town or traffic, your using your foot to drive, which removes the system, mostly, from the picture. It will still break, hard!, if you come up too close, according to it, to the vehicle in front of you. This system will hit the breaks for no apparent reason, shadow, retaining wall, sign overhead and the list goes on. This system would be good for a newbie maybe but no self respecting driver with time would drive a truck like this. I would love to find the guy that got these systems on the market. I am telling you, they are dangerous, especially in the winter!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.