Any US Military veteran Financing?

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by 541johnson, Mar 31, 2012.

1. SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2011
    For me it was a grant I got 60k enough for equipment and everything I needed to get started and operate for a few weeks. The classes are entrepreneur classes accounting class a class to write a solid business plan and then some business videos lectures. I think I got a grant because im 100% disabled I even got the grant to remodel my house for my injuries. You probably need a rating of 30%

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SCHULTZ

SCHULTZ Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh some classes I took at the VA most was at the CC

4. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    80% here. Can you PM me the info and the class info and any more detail info on how to get that rolling? Also, you don't have to pay back a grant correct?

5. tobindependent

tobindependent Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2013
    San Antonio, TX
    Greetings fellow Vets,

Your info from your posts has me locked on target. I am a veteran owned small business in Texas awaiting the VA to determine if my hearing loss from Iraq is worth a percentage. In the meantime I am currently starting the business plan process for establishing a subsidiary LLC to incorporate trucks. I have been researching the patriot express loan through my credit union. Any info on these classes I read about would be greatly appreciated. Hell an operations order on what avenues of approach you gals/gals took would be even better.

6. cowboy rob

cowboy rob Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2012
    I am a 100 percent disabled vet as well and wanting to go into business w my father any help would be greatly appreciated. In what steps to take n who to talk to

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Battle Born

Battle Born Heavy Load Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Scandia, Mn
    Good evening, vets. I thank you all for your service and sacrifice. Given everything goes well the next 4 months I will be coming back in one piece and only with the air quality disability. I believe it's 10% here, which is much lower than anything I've seen on here, but I'm wondering if they do just general grants/loans for veterans to start up a company?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. aimhigh

aimhigh Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    TX /USA - Germany -China
    I have the same request as milskired! I'm ready to pull the trigger on my first truck!

milskired and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. milskired

milskired Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    Aimhigh, if you figure anything out let me know! I am still curious about this.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe USAA Credit Union will have some type of program. It's a fantastic credit union for veterans.

11. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    USAA does not have business loans but they will do unsecured loans. If you banked with them and have decent credit score. It is possible to obtain a large amount unsecured loan but it's what the underwriter dictates.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.