Any way to disable exhaust brake on VT880 D16?

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Joeziah, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Joeziah

Joeziah Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    I think the controller, which if I am reading this right, is an exhaust pressure governor.

I'd like to disable this and see if the truck runs any better without it constantly cycling on and off, dragging the engine down.

Just needs to last a few more weeks until it gets a new engine.

Edit: I'm going to restrict the air going into the radiator to see if that will help with the engine temperature staying so low.

And yes, I realize I'll probably have to re enable the the exhaust brake thinger when it needs to do a regen. But thats only every 600 miles or so, I can re-enable it for that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    there is no way you can disable it being that it is build in the turbo if you have dpf and there is no way to disable this. but it really should not work unless the truck is trying to warm up.

QUALITYTRUCK Thanks this.
  4. Joeziah

Joeziah Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    darn, ok.

5. benrab

benrab Medium Load Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Quebec ,Canada
    I don't know if it can help, but the warm hold mode have an adjustable parameter normally from factory it's set to 158 F.
    If you have an exhaust brake air cylinder it's probably a D-16 D (No DPF) if you have a D-16 F or H (DPF) then there is no exhaust brake air cylinder in the both case the warm hold mode degree is adjustable with the Lap Top.
    Ben

Joeziah and QUALITYTRUCK Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.