Any word on the JB Hunt load board ?

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by pasmurf, Jul 28, 2018.

1. pasmurf

pasmurf Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2014
    I am checking these out since a random search with. friend on Landstar load board revealed runs from eastern N Carolina area to Laredo, Tx area and back could yield 10k in revenue and about 6500 k per week, though it could have been more fitting for a team operation. Anyway fishing for more feedback.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    Ok so any comparisons between Schneider's load board and JB Hunts load board? Looks like JB is dominant along the I40 and rail ways. Though I see both in Fayetteville NC.

4. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    I just got access to JB's load board, but I haven't dug into it much because I'm too busy running on one of their daily rate dedicated accounts right now. Haven't even looked into getting access to Schneider's.

pasmurf Thanks this.
  5. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    I found some old posts from 2016. No wait to get into JbHunts lease, I forgot to ask how long the wait is at Schneider.

6. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    I hope who ever is doing this good to go.
    Otherwise the silence is deafening.

7. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    I hope to hear more. Just looked at company regional, 82k gross, good for company driver.
    I went on a landstar webinar and the loads available was impressive on the revenue. Just curious how this compares.

8. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    I found a great thread by a jbhunt leasee at the lease purchase section. Looks just as promising as Landstar, albeit, hazmat loads should pay more in revenues.

9. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Just started looking at there Load boards as an outside Carrier and boy the market rates posted are laughable. There are lanes on there posted for 1000 less than what I have ran it for . Looks like a live bid auction type style network , not what I was expecting. I touch base on some of these loads and see where or how much negotiation is possible . Anyone else booking loads on 360 as a outside carrier?

10. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Well JB load board isn't as bad as I thought it might be. My first load off the board was well priced and set me up for another good paying load with minimal DH . Of course I showed up and load wasn't ready , waited until next day . They paid me 250 for waiting and I show up early morning o ly to be told it ain't ready with plenty of attitude. I canceled the load and had to cancel my next load . It wasn't JBs fault, the crappy warehouse ppl screwed me .

I gave them another go and have now pulled 2 loads for them off the board . As a outside carrier I like the app and the web based site , I will continue to work with JB in the future.

pasmurf Thanks this.
  11. pasmurf

Jan 11, 2014
    Good to know. That thread I was watching, the author went under due to mechanical issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.