Anybody ever delivered to Burning Man?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by SteveScott, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Gumboslef9384

Gumboslef9384 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2019
    TX
    Do you even know what burning man is?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    I know it's supposed to be a wild time and before it became a complete yuppie fest, I wanted to go just once. As for my comment: it was a joke in reference to a post from about a month ago. And, now that it's become this 'in'thing to do and costs upwards of 5grand to be there, all the wannabes can have the place.

4. Gumboslef9384

Gumboslef9384 Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2019
    TX
    I wonder where these people get all that money for concerts ect, and still take drugs and smoke weed all day. How do they hold a normal job? alot of careers drug test. Not just truck driving

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Well, I made it up to Burning Man on Monday and dropped a trailer. What a freekin mess my truck was. The alkali dust gets into everything, I mean every nook and cranny of the tractor. I managed to keep it out of the inside. Drove 80 miles back down to Fernley straight to the Blue Beacon for a tractor wash. They got the dust off of the engine and body but not much else. When I got back to my yard today I power washed and re-greased the skid plate, frame rails and diffs. I was going to get a PM when I got the wash, but figured I should just wait until after I go back in 2 weeks to pick the trailer up because I'm sure my air filter is pretty well choked.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Have you ever been in a carbon black plant or hauled it? it will even be inside and never goes away.

FlaSwampRat and HoneyBadger67 Thank this.
  7. SteveScott

Nov 10, 2015
    Thanks for the heads up. I never will based on that statement.

My least favorite deliveries was powdered milk to calf farms for dairy cattle in the summer time. In the couple seconds it took to open my door and get out, 400 flies would get in.

D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  8. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Ya just have to love them flies at the dairies. I made the mistake thinking I was going to eat a sandwich at one once. lol

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  9. SteveScott

Nov 10, 2015
    Don't EVER take your 10 hour break at one. I ran out of hours one night and the wind shifted around 2:AM. Thought I was going to suffocate.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  10. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    Been there, done that. The worst part is, on a dark grey dash you might not even notice it until a couple days later when you go to wipe it down and it smears all over hell.

D.Tibbitt and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  11. starmac

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I worked on a railroad siding years ago close to a plant. every restaurant and bar for a few miles had signs no employees from that plant allowed . lol They were tired of replacing everything.

FlaSwampRat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.