Anybody familiar with Conway in Attala, AL?

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Bamabolt671, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Bamabolt671

Bamabolt671 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Alabama
    Hello fellow drivers. I saw an ad for Conway in Atalla, AL and the job title says "Truck Driver". I was wondering if anybody knows if this is LTL or Linehaul position. I understand all about senority and all that. I'm expecting to start on the docks without any driving and if so, really crapy runs. It seems that the turnover rate is really low, so should I expect to be at the bottom of the totem pole for years? Can anyone tell me any info about that specific terminal? I am going to submit an app today, this will be my third try. I have more than enough experience, have my HazMat, doubles/triples, and tanker endorsements. I don't understand why it seems so difficult to get my foot in the door. Thank you in advance, and any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SodaDriver

SodaDriver Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Michigan
    Is it for Conway Freight or Conway Truckload? If it is freight, then I believe you would start on the "flex board" which means you would could be doing local P&D or linehaul depending where they need you. If you are applying online, then also try calling the terminal to make sure that they even got your app. I tried just applying online and never heard a word until one day I decided to call them and I got an interview a couple days later.

4. Bamabolt671

Jun 17, 2014
    Alabama
    Thank you SodaDriver. After looking at the listing again, I see that it's for freight. I will call the terminal itself in a couple of days. I just resubmitted my app online today (Sunday). How did your interview go? Was it a lot of hypothetical questions? Like what would you do in this situation...? I read that the process takes awhile. I'll just have to wait and see.

5. SodaDriver

Sep 13, 2014
    Michigan
    The interview wasn't bad at all. Took about an hour. There were a few of those hypothetical questions thrown in there, but the interview was mainly more about the job and all that it entails. My interview went great. I am scheduled to start my first day of training on the 30th of this month pending the completion of my background check. I had my interview on March 4. A week later I had my physical, drug screen, driving test and physical agility test all in the same day. I filled out the info for the background check that same day and that is supposed to take about a week to come back. I lucked out because the location I applied for is hiring two drivers and because I was the first interview, I get the top spot. I will start with one guy already below me.:biggrin_25525:

6. Bamabolt671

Jun 17, 2014
    Alabama
    Congrats to you and good luck. Judging by your username, the job should be cake to you. I used to sling beer, so I'd imagine soda to be worse.

7. SodaDriver

Sep 13, 2014
    Michigan
    You are correct. 21 years of that crap. It is time for a change.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.