anybody here?....

Discussion in 'Millis' started by truckerjeff, Mar 4, 2009.

1. truckerjeff

truckerjeff Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    O'Fallon, Illinois
    Just wonderin where everybody is. Guesi everybody is busy these last couple of days. If and when you all get time to check in. wonderin how your all doin..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirt

dirt Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2009
    kingsport,tn
    im getting my pickup ready for the drive up, changing oil, checking lubes ect. i just put a new transmission in this past weekend and i wanna make sure everything is right before i start out on a trip.
    do you get any kind of conformation or anything about the hotel reservation before you leave?

4. DOTRA

DOTRA Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2008
    Racine, Wisconsin
    I'm here. Not really sure as to where here is, but that's where I am. Have a great day and a wonderful life.

5. Blufreeze

Blufreeze Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2008
    East Central Ohio
    I'm here too. I was wondering if everyone dropped off the planet.

Guess we all ran out of questions.:biggrin_25512:

The only confirmation I received was the letter that they sent after I paid the $100.
    It was the letter with the list of what to bring, the hotel address, MTI address, and what time you can check in etc...

6. gonnabe

gonnabe Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2008
    HAMMOND INDIANA
    I,m here and like everyone else I guess we all just kept checking the site for anything new...lol I am starting to get stuff set up here so i can hit the road, got the rain gear atlas etc.. got my pilot card today and set up my TA card, just want to have them by the time i get started. Checking out MS streets and trips with gps for when i do leave... and checking prices on inverters lunch box ovens etc... dont know too much on the cb side of things figure i would ask my trainer..should i buy one and have them install it?? along with an inverter?? There ya go theres a question for everyone...LOL! I have not recieved anything on the motel gig either but i did call millis and they do have transportation from and to the motel...figure why use my gas... Looking forward to meeting you all there, should be there by sunday afternoon. dinner time i am thinking..Perhaps call millis tomorrow and check on that if we just check in and what time transport picks us up etc....not long now..just finished my last little remodel job today and between the knees
    hurting and knowing that there is little else out there I am more than ready to do this!! check in tomorrow will update... SPANKY YOU THERE?? Let us know how your miles are doing this last few weeks and what theyre looking like will ya???

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  7. spanky

spanky Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    As far as your cb goes you will buy it and install it yourself there is aplace on the dash for it with two terminals to wire it up. If you get a inverter buy your own that meets millis standards and they will wire it up for you but you will have to buy you own cable for it.

8. spanky

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    oh yeah as far as my miles have been i am still averaging 2000 to 2500 a week but i did start staying out over the weekends again to try and get more miles.

9. truckerjeff

Feb 19, 2009
    O'Fallon, Illinois
    Yeah gonnbe I'm pretty much doing all the same stuff here, trucks all ready to go got everything else piled up ready to load out on sunday morning. gonna work in the yard and clean up the garage tomorrow weather is supposed to be real nice. Anyway as far as inverters, CB's and the like I got one of my dads old cobra 29's for a starter might be all I need maybe spanky can fill us in on the inverters and stuff as far as whats best and whats junk. Anyway I'll check in tomorrow afternoon.

10. truckerjeff

Feb 19, 2009
    O'Fallon, Illinois
    Hey spanky you change your mind about training yet?...LOL...

11. spanky

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    No not yet and as far as inverters go i know very little about them as i dont have one in my truck. When you get to school if you ask they will tell you what there requirements are.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.