Anybody recognize this truck?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lyle H, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    This happened Monday south of Dodge City Kansas. There were no hills and no curves which would have obstructed the grain haulers vision. Even with the service truck that passed me first he should have been able to see the car coming. I was already doing the speed limit when they passed me.
    If I could identify the truck I would make a phone call but I can't.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    You'd be surprised how many are driving with poor vision of one variety or another. But you can't tell them this. They will deny it until the end. But some know they have vision issues, know their limitations, but still ignore this deficiency in such situations, and simply act on "blind faith"

And then there are some who think their "big engine" and over-size stacks gives them some sort of "super-power and acceleration" ... problem is, this is only true in their mind. These are the ones who say their truck will put "880 horses to the ground according to the dyno". When in fact, many new fleet trucks will give them a run for their money, pound for pound.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    What an idiot, all I can say.

5. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    Prime example as to the stupidity that has been plaguing this industry for years. This is partially why the industry safety measures (ELD, warning devices and technology) let alone the HOS rules have been so stringently changed and enforced. Let alone this type of idiot, who crashes, kills some innocent person(s), or themselves and the insurance rates go up for everyone.

6. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    He apparently didn’t have a cb either because that’s me yelling “car coming “.
    I yelled something else too but I edited that out.

7. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    That's why I stay off 2-lane roads as much as I can and run the Interstate even if it's 200 miles longer. Seems like I'm always going to slow for someone. Which is fine go as fast as you want but on a 2-lane they cant get around easy and it just manifests into that kind of recklessness.

BillStep Thanks this.
  8. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Just bumping this because I would really like to find out who this idiot drives for.

9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'd love to let idiots like that remove themselves from society. Unfortunately they'd end up taking a car full of innocents with them.

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Looks like your typical south KS grain hauler. They gotta get that extra load in every day so that they make good money.

11. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    Should just send it to law enforcement anyways .. I’ve seen a few videos where they were able to pick up a plate or name and charge the driver .. their equipment is far better than ours to enhance stuff PS great driving to help avoid a head on

12. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I'd be reporting BOTH vehicles.

MartinFromBC, magoo68 and TripleSix Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.