Anybody that could help

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Chandlertrucking379, May 22, 2019.

1. Chandlertrucking379

Chandlertrucking379 Bobtail Member

May 22, 2019
    I've had my CDL for 10 years I've recently moved to Florida I haven't driven a tractor trailer in a while but for the past 4 years I've driven a 359 peterbilt tri-axle dump pulling a 20 ton deckover trailer I got the love of trucking from my grandfather he drove for 40 years. What I'm asking is if someone would be willing to take a chance on me and come work for you or to possible be a sponsor so I can go get recertified please I just want to provide a better life for my family thank you for anyone's time

jamespmack, Chinatown and newdriver2 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Abilene Motor Express will probably hire you. Their trainer lives in Lake Wales, so you may have to make a few trips with him to knock the rust off.
    There's also Western Express and Celadon Trucking that will probably hire you.
    Celadon website > click here > Home | Drive Celadon
    Western Express > click here > Western Express, Inc. - The Land Of Opportunity - Find ...
    Abilene Motor Express > Nationwide Motor Freight Company | Abilene Motor Express
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Contact all 3 and go for the one that seems to suit you the best.
    Abilene hired a Florida driver that hadn't driven in 20 years, but kept his CDL current.

jamespmack Thanks this.
  4. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The combination vehicle you describe would require a Class A license. I see no reason you would have a hard time finding decent work driving in Florida.

5. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    What is this recertification you are talking about?

6. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    Do you have a CDL A now? It’s the one that’s 10 years old? There’s thousands of small companies that will put you in a truck. Stay away from the megas, that people here get paid to shill for. Just look at Craigslist or indeed.

7. Nick Gurz

Nick Gurz Bobtail Member

May 13, 2019
    How much do you get paid to shill for these crap companys constantly?

Humblepie Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Why don't you offer some helpful advice? Did you read the OPS initial post? What do you recommend he do to get back on the road?

9. Nick Gurz

Nick Gurz Bobtail Member

May 13, 2019
    I would tell him to stay away from trucking nowadays, too many liars and shills out here anymore trying to make a dollar on unsuspecting drivers.

10. stuckinthemud

stuckinthemud Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Liars and shills any where or anything you go or do , not limited to trucking by a long shot. Take any thing you hear or read with a large grain of salt.

86scotty and Lumper Humper Thank this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    That's what I mean; another trucker telling others not to be truckers. If trucking is that bad, you wouldn't be doing it.
    The OP has driven for years, but the last 10 yrs. has been off the road and looking for a way to transition back to the road. I showed him 3 options and I'm sure he's open to other suggestions also. He can shop around and make his own decision as to what fits his wants best.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.