anyone a team driver # usa?

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by big love, Aug 27, 2008.

1. big love

big love Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2008
    alma ar.
    Today I was supposed to go out for my first day of training at usa. My wife and I are both going to usa because we live in Van Buren and are very close to the main office. I got called back yesterday and was told I would have to wait for a non-smoking trainer. I told them that I did not have a preference I just wanted to get out there and get started. They had a trainer for me but called to tell me they did not want to do that to me have me stuck with a smoking trainer for a month. So I will wait:biggrin_2554:...... If anyone is a team driver with usa I would like to know about how you like it. Thats what my wife and I are going to do.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Locdrjr

Locdrjr Light Load Member

May 19, 2008
    Eaton Rapids , MI
    I drove for USA for 2 years as a solo driver, was with my trainer 5 weeks, they can keep you up to 8 weeks, because I was trainer during a time when good friday came up and my trainer took a day off for personal reasons , I was 10 hrs short of the required time need to go solo and got another week. USA will give you miles and will keep you moving as a team you'll be asked to relay a lot of loads that solo drivers can't make the delivery on time, get a good DM (remember they work for you, you can fire them and request a new one)and everything will work fine, took me 3 to finally get a good driver manager (Chris M fleet 32 in group D) expect to live in your truck to get the miles, I stayed out for 5 weeks at a time and then took 5 days off, but you might get to get home a little more often living so close to HQ, closest terminal to me was over 200 miles away in Vandaila OH. I did make good money for the time I was there, beware of the night/weekend dispatchers(the reason I ended up leaving) also when you get called in for PM services stay away from W.Memphis,Spartanburg SC and Vandaila...like the plague! try to get your service in Bethel PA, Ronoke VA, or Shreveport LA, as the top 3 choices or as a final resort use the shop in Van Buren. You'll travel, I seen 43 out the 48 states and most of them was my 1st year, a lot of north east/ new england states.. no new york city, but I got with in a couple miles doing a pick up in Jersey City NJ ( sucked ) good luck out on the road , stay safe and most of all number one rule-:biggrin_25525:don't hit nothing...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2008
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.