Anyone care to discuss their opinions of new idle and jake brake policy?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by WRIGHTRACING, Jan 7, 2012.

1. HD_Renegade

HD_Renegade Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Well such a flurry of fun with USX this week ain't it!!!!

HighwayMan I still say you did the right thing.

Also looks like USX is still going further down hill to me too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. highwayman

highwayman Medium Load Member

You don't pay attention very well do you ?? I was at a shop for 7 days, but I can also see you are just here to run your mouth and stir stuff up.. So you go right on ahead and enjoy your super truckin life. Bye bye

4. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina

It is almost like some people read between the lines and only see the words that they think they see.

I thought that it was pretty clear that you were at a terminal when all of that went down.

5. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    No, I don't read every post. I don't live on this message board. Your last post made it sound like you were stuck out on the road and unable to idle in cold weather. Next time be more clear.

All I said in the beginning was you weren't "pushed out". They didn't say "Hey we don't like this guy so let's get rid of him."

You had some bad luck with the truck not working. It happens. I was once stuck out in Idaho with a blown turbo for 6 days winter before last. It sucked. I was supposed to be headed home to Florida.

I'm not putting you down so quit whining. Seems to me you wanted to get out of OTR anyway. Now you have a decent local job. I've been looking myself but there's nothing out there at the moment.

6. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Dam why is it all you see is the good in USX and not see the bad there too. No offense, but are you really that blind? I am not trying to start a peeing match with you either. You are just about as bad as all the cheerleaders on the USX Facebook page.

People have opinions, here is a man that has been with the company for at least 2 years, and you trash the guy WTF??? Come on dude, have a little respect.

7. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Are you kidding me? I came here and everyone is like the Stepford Drivers or something. It actually kind of creeped me out.

I don't just see good here. I would never recommend this company to someone who drives solo, for instance.

I'm also not going to be like you and just aimlessly bash the company either.

The only problem I had with what you said was the wording.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  8. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    I never aimlessly bashed the company. I am not some young gun that has not worked in the world. This company has had a bad habit of treating people poorly. Maybe it is the people they hire, maybe the people that are part of the staff, but if there wasn't any issues then why did they have a re-org??

9. WRIGHTRACING

WRIGHTRACING Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Iuka MS/Muscle Shoals AL
    I haven't read this entire thread either, but before I butt in to someone else's gripes, then I would at least read the last few post they made. It was about 3-4 pages back when he explained every bit of it. Either way, your instance with the turbo blowing out, and his battery/idle problem is totally different. To the best of my knowledge, USX didn't make your turbo come apart, therefore it was just a thing that happened and you had to deal with it. This guy was there at a terminal for a week. They reprogrammed the computer not to idle. His truck would not idle below 28* like it was supposed to. Also the bunk heater alone, because he has nothing else in the truck, ran the battery down in 15 mins. Every day he went back in there telling them it would not idle and keep him warm, and that the bunk heater would run the battery down in 15 mins. They kept saying nothing was wrong. So he quit....

This may not be all of it, but this is the majority of what happened and now it's in one post. They broke the truck, wouldn't give him another, and argued the one he had didn't have a problem...

10. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    When I think about how USXpress is as a company, I look deep...
    Their biggest problems are organization, communication and hiring practices. This is a problem among a lot of large companies and because of it, employee's do not feel they are treated right. They should not take this personally, it is simply because of the 3 things I mentioned above. Each person that works for USXPress is a human as we are and I am sure that most do care about their fellow man/woman. They are taxed to the very second of their 40 hour work week, or whatever hours they are worked. I am sure they also see the lack of communication, as we do, and it effects them as well. I beleive as long as we continue to pass our dislike about these weaknesses, someone will take the raines and make the move needed to start change.

Highwayman and Renegade... I do understand why you two left and if in your shoes, may have done the same. All I am saying is that I would like to see more focus on getting the company to make some changes, rather than expecting them to make changes.

Jarhed1964 and NoCoCraig Thank this.
  11. HD_Renegade

Dec 20, 2010
    North Carolina
    Nicely said SD

To be honest if I had someone within the company willing to listen to what someone had to say that could help some of the issue I would be willing to share them. My knowledge and understanding of customer service, working with shippers, receivers, drivers, and as well as faculty and staff from 15 years of working with fortune 500 company. Some of the things that could fix some of the larger issues with this company would take such little effort to try and fix and would not cost USX very much to start.

Nothing against you, but I am the bad guy that use to work for said company, so who (inside of USX) would even try to listen to anything I would have to say that might help them.

Respectfully,

HD

SheepDog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.