Anyone doing a lease for crst Malone?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, Jun 20, 2019.

1. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    im curious what your gross take home a week is says drivers average 4K to 5k gross to the truck and lease payments are as low at 375 dosent give a whole lot of into tho say you leased a decent truck for 500 to 600 after all the deductions and truck payment what are you taking home before taxes? It’s nice you pick your own loads I would do it if the money is here I hate lease purchasing but if done with the right company I guess it can work out. Also will you ever actually own the truck??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ibcalm19

ibcalm19 Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    The whole lease purchase game with companies is a scam. The truck is basically a rental & you cover everything. The real issue comes into hauling loads for a $1 a mile. Nobody is moving freight for a $1 mile. How do you expect to make it running for a $1 mile you can't. Go to work for a decent company save your money & learn the trucking business. That is the best way to being successful and buying your truck the right way. All the best to you

4. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    They say the average is 2.5

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  5. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    CRST and lease in the same sentence, yikes!

6. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    They pay like 70% linehaul and 100% fuel surcharge it’s good company to be an owner op I’m just not so sure their lease is good? It’s flatbed

7. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Your mind is already made up.
    Doesn't matter what anybody on here says.
    The recruiter said you'll make 5 grand a week,
    I say go for it.

Sign the lease and let us know how it works out.
    If it doesn't work just give them thier truck back.
    That's what everybody else does.

Texas_hwy_287, Intothesunset and DTP Thank this.
  8. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Everyone thinks it won’t happen to them and they will somehow overcome the astronomical odds against them and make bank with a fleese purchase. Better off buying a few Powerball tickets and stay home.

9. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere

So, basically you're doing a rent to own truck, giving up 30% for the privilege of them doing your paperwork (ifta, irp, etc) and finding freight? Probably cheap freight at that. All in a large fleet spec'd truck you'll end up paying way too much for?

I'd pass.

10. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Malone was a pretty good company before they sold out to crst.
    I no 2 guys there now. One does good the other is always #####ing.
    Before you go there ask the recruiter about the per mile maintenance, insurance, Qualcomm, escrow, plate, 1099 charges.

Also ask about the fuel discount program. *hint* imho it is barely a half step above just paying pump price.

That said i dont, nor never have, or will work there.
    I constantly hear one guy always complaining he is gonna quit. Cause he is always in the whole again.
    The other always seems to have settlements between $2400-2700. And is now talking about going to landstar when his truck is paid off in august.
    I cant say thier good or they suck. But i wouldn't work there.
    Like with all lease purchase or any no money down programs. The devil is in the details, so do your research.
    Remember the 80/20 rule, 20% of the guys make 80% of the money

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  11. jaylo

jaylo Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2010
    wichita,ks
    Man the real experts on Malone are all here.... I receive upwards of .94 off fuel price averages about .47. A tire a “super single” (I’m not a gold nugget) 1k$’s with tire discounts 300$, Pm’s discounted. Oh cheap loads?? Yeah if ya want to haul them. I use there board about.05% of the time. But did a load for 3.44 a mile(non o/s) with an agent of theirs. So far it’s been good for me but they changed their hiring practices. Last years RPM was 2.27 This year its a little lower but I’ll get it higher.... Their lease is low truck payment .15 per mile maintenance and trailer rent is 185 a week for a 48 flat no frills not the greatest but they cover maintenance. I’m the last one out of my orientation from a year ago. Might start a thread soon.. this account was rebooted so I have to get it squared away first.

Rix43 and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.