Anyone doing a Lease or O/O with US Xpress?

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by OnTheEdge, Sep 8, 2015.

1. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Hello All,

Looking for anyone doing the Lease with US Xpress.
    Not interested in how bad a lease is or isn't!

What I'd like to know is;

Does US Xpress preplan your loads or do you have the option to self dispatch?
    What kind of miles are you seeing?
    Are you able to run a regional area so you can plan yourself home?
    If US Xpress plans your trips what is your Utilization Rate?

Feel free to provide any information you may find pertinent.

Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Not self-dispatch. Just have the right to turn down any load.

4. OnTheEdge

OnTheEdge Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Hey TruckDuo have read your thread good stuff.

What is your Utilization Rate with them dispatching?

5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    We're not an o/o but as company drivers they keep us moving.

6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    us xpress does the per planning
    company AVG. is 2,200-2,700 a week.... that's a weekly avg. based on yearly AVG miles.... yours could be more or less based on how much time you spend at home.
    yes and no....you can turn down any load any time if you don't like were it goes someplace (area) you don't want to go and you can go home anytime you want and stay home as long as you want, your lease payment will still be due even when your at home.
    that I can't help with because of what I do... my avg week millage is under 2,000 but my pay isn't the same as lease- o/o's

I was a company driver (solo/team) for 7 years and a o/o (solo/team) for 4.5 years with usx

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  7. Young_Gun

Young_Gun Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida
    I've tried to get information from their l/p department and have ran into idiots.

I called and asked what the fsc was for this week, they didn't know. I then asked what was the average fuel discount at their fuel stops.... (This is where I hung up) the woman said she didn't know and had never been asked that question before!

What the hell! Are you telling me that someone who is thinking about running their business doesn't ask about fuel discounts?! (I didn't yell this at her, I was polite and said thanks and hung up).

I was with usx when I first started trucking. They kept me moving but left to find greener pastures (and have). But I always have a itch to keep checking usx to see how they've changed.

If anyone can answer those questions I would be grateful.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  8. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    it's payrolls job to know and as a O/O-L/P it's YOUR job to know what it is. the paperwork they give you does tell you how to find out what it is...
    there is no avg. discount they can quote, ta/petro (not in network) .05-.10 off pump price, loves (most aren't in network) .10-.40 off pump price pilot/flying j .20-.80 off pump price. we get the best discount at pilot/flying j BUT it's not the same discount at every one.
    2 pilots 50 miles apart may have the same pump price but the discount at 1 maybe .27 and the other maybe .45,...... the discount is a cost plus % discount not a flat cents off per gl. discount. so how can they tell you that your discount will be x cents off per gl.

buy smart and get a good discount, buy stupid and get a bad discount.... it's up to YOU what kind of discount you get... they have a web site that only L/O-L/P-O/O can used to see what our PUMP price is at any in network fuel stop but the discount (cents off) will change from day to day....

right now pilot/flying pump price
    Knoxville, Tn. (I-40) 2.29-2.39 my price is 2.07-1.99
    Memphis, In. pump 2.43 my price 2.07
    Princeton, Il. pump 2.45 my price 2.22
    Utica, Il. (loves) pump 2.44 my price 2.27
    Waco, Tx. pump 2.43 my price 2.03

kerts, Young_Gun and TruckDuo Thank this.
  9. Young_Gun

Young_Gun Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Tampa, Florida

I understand it's the o/o and lp responsibility to get the fsc from another source, but this is a "recruiter". A recruiter is suppose to sell you the company and make me want to work their; especially if I'm going into their l/p program.

The "recruiter" told me nothing i didn't know just from reading the web page. As a potential business owner I expected that this person would have the knowledge of what she was suppose to represent considering she was/is a o/o recruiter.

Any potential business would have to have the costs down to many any sort of business plan and the fact that this person didn't know anything made me smash my head into my steering wheel.

As far as your current fuel cpg. That's still a little high for the cpm they're paying, isn't it? Unless the fsc is around .40 I just see how a person could justify spending the time and money doing it. But I could be very wrong, and I'm sure I am now that I think about how many contractor trucks that were former l/p.... Something to ponder I guess...

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  10. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I can't say what the their fsc is because mine isn't set the same

theirs is based on the national avg. fuel price and paid for all dispatch miles, mine isn't set up that way because I'm not a millage base truck.

Young_Gun and TruckDuo Thank this.
  11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    young_gun
    with a discount price of $2.05 per gl. and a avg. of 7 mpg your fuel cost would be .29 cpm
    current FSC should be .21 cpm
    your out of pocket cost for fuel for 1,000 miles would be $80....
    that's what a usx millage base truck should be doing right now
    because of how I get paid my out of pocket cost for fuel runs between + .01,-08 cpm.... that's right sometimes my fsc is more than my fuel cost for a trip because of the way I buy fuel and the way my fsc is paid

OnTheEdge, Young_Gun and TruckDuo Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.