Anyone else noticed way more Coyotes than usual?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckRunner, Mar 3, 2018.

1. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I remember wolf man jack.

kemosabi49 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I thought back in like 2012 WYDOT built some migration overpasses and tunnels for antelope migration. A google search just found articles about Wyoming WANTING to build them, not that they DID build them.

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  4. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    These crossbred many are seeing are Coywolf. Head is larger than coyote, smaller than wolf. Their DNA originates in Algonquin Provincial Park Ontario There are a few hundred living around Ohare Airport. Many have been chipped near O'Hare. There are also some living(chipped) in Central Park NYC. National Geographic had a documentary following these Coywolves last month. They also showed the difference in size of skulls. Coywolves have adapted well to city living and have a appetite for rodents, cats and dogs. We see them north here as well. They are not shy of humans like wolves or coyotes, I saw one stretched out on a snow bank on the highway last week, unfazed by passing traffic.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    TallJoe Thanks this.
  5. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    west virginia and pa is starting to get overrun by them also putting a hurting on the deer population down around my uncles farm.

6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    One of them has been my frequent guest. First time I saw it, I thought it was a weird colored Husky dog running lose. But no, looking closer...it was a big coyote, must have been that Coy wolf, the SOB is just passing by through my backyard so casually. I thought they were rather occurring in the North East.

Jazz1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.