Anyone Familiar with Inman

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by LMB, Aug 15, 2007.

1. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Any one know anything about Inman Trucking out of Leland NC???

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Good company, good equipment, Steady runs from NC to CA and back
    Teams only. They are looking for husband and wife teams

4. KMLAQ

KMLAQ Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    I noticed you answered your own question??? I was looking at giving this company a Call. I live right down the road from you in Hampstead. Are they really teams only I see there ad in the star news a lot but never says anything about teams

5. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    All Teams. My wife and I are working for them. The loads are steady, we run all we want. No layovers out on the west coast. We delivered a Perdue load Suday morning. They picked up the motel bill Sunday night and we loaded back Monday

6. KMLAQ

KMLAQ Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks for the info. I drove by there yard in Leland today. looks like they have some nice equipment. Unfortunatly I don't have a partner. If you ever hear of them looking for a partner please ket me know. I am going to Roadmaster in Dunn. I just got out of the Marines and looking to start off on the right foot. Have you heard anything about Cypress they have a yard across the road from your drop yard. They sent me a pre hire but wasnt impressed with there equipment. thanks again

7. evertruckerr

evertruckerr Heavy Load Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Wow, feels like I'm back at home. I live in Magnolia Greens next to the Inman yard.

They love husband and wife teams but will hire a single and team them up with another driver.

They are a 100% team operation and will get you back to Leland once a week.

The two things that really tripped me up was what I considered to be:

1. Very low pay. They payed by the trip, not the miles. When I called last year the pay was about $1800 to the truck. Thats $900 gross per driver. You would be looking at roughly 5400 miles round trip. That comes out to about 30CPM. Just not enough for me, but if the hometime works for you and you have low monthly bills it's not a bad gig.

2. The health insurance costs were very high. I seem to recall somewhere around $100 per week. Not sure about that though.

They also gave me the option of being a trainer where I could have make an extra $150 or so a week.

8. evertruckerr

evertruckerr Heavy Load Member

Oct 14, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ

I looked into Cypress also.

The only good thing about them was that you can be home every week.

The equipment is dismal. I didn't see a truck in that yard that wasn't at least 10 years old.

The pay was also horrendous. They were bragging that I could make $700-$800 a week.

You might want to take a look at MCO transport there in town, the pay isn't the greatest, but the equipment is new and you will get regular hometime.

Also, check out Superior Carriers, 215 Sampson St outside of town on the 421. They have a great pay package ($50,000+ a year)and will train you.

9. KMLAQ

KMLAQ Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks for the info. I called MCO they will not hire a recent grad. You need 1yr otr for them. I also read that about Superior Carriers but I also read they will hire a newbie every once in a while. Have you every heard anything about Ezzell, they have a yardoff of 421 just past Superior's. Thanks oce again for all the info. My wife and I almost bought a house in Magnolia Greens but at the time it was to much of a commute to the Base. I live in Castle Bay up in Hampstead.

10. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Talked with them the other day and the pay rates you quoted are still spot on. Balls to the wall teaming from NC to Cali. then from Cali. to Maryland then back to NC all within a 6 - 7 day period. I like to shower, get out of that truck and eat a decent meal, etc. I don't see any of that being done in this kind of push. And for 8 - 900 per week minus expenses, insurance, gas to get home and back to terminal because you're not taking truck home...doesn't compute.

11. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Ezzell is a local operation where you are home everyday. $48k/year. Ezzells are family own and very nice folks. Good equipment. I was there for a year but was missing the otr life. If I wanted or needed to do local again, I would go back. I use to haul wood pellets from Ahoskie, Garysburg, and Franklin VA to the port in Portsmouth VA.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.