Anyone familiar with RWC regs in various states?

Discussion in 'Australian Truckers Forum' started by stubkan, Mar 19, 2018.

  1. stubkan

    stubkan Bobtail Member

    Mar 19, 2018
    Hi all,

    I've got a 4.45 ton refrigerated truck, I've modified it a bit to turn it into a motorhome. I've had it registered in QLD no problems.

    I'm wanting to go down to NSW and VIC to get it registered there, to sell. But I have no idea whether or not it'll turn out harder - as the roadworthy in these states are more strict apparently.. Does anyone have some advice on what to look out for, or whether it'll probably be easy? Would it turn out expensive? Is it a bad idea?

    It's an old 92 Isuzu NPR. No rust, just a bit old.

    Any advice or stories would be very welcome!


    Attached Files:

    • pic.JPG
      File size:
      83 KB
  2. Diesel-powered-aussie

    Diesel-powered-aussie Bobtail Member

    Aug 2, 2018
    Hey Mate.

    Im from Vic. And your best bet is to ring Vicroads and ask them the question. They should be able to tell you what to expect.

    One thing i will say is when they say you dont have to bring the Rig in when you book your appointment. Take it in. 99% of the time they will have to look at it even when they say they dont.

    Good luck
  3. aussiejosh

    aussiejosh Road Train Member

    Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Hey other Josh , yeah your best of going to the governing authority in NSW which is the RTA who handle the registering of vehicles and Vic Roads to get what input you'll need for registering your vehicle.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted