Anyone here driving otr for American Furniture Warehouse?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Pianoman, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Pianoman

Pianoman Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Haha look my friend, I don't have to go by your opinions of this place. I'm very content forming my own. I'm not blasting you, just letting you know I strongly disagree with you at this point. If at some point I find this place unbearable I'll let myself out the door without a second thought, but it's pretty clear to me you need to get out a little more before you realize how many little perks this job has that others don't. I'm sure there are better gigs, but they are few and far between.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    UMMMMMM dude, on HIS behalf, this IS his thread, in case you didn't notice, btw. So about the comments.... <<< maybe 'Exit Stage Left?' ;)

Luck in Battle (sorry Six, love ya! <<<)
    Carry on with your previously scheduled programming!!

4. ThyArtIsBehemoth

ThyArtIsBehemoth Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Wyoming
    Never said you had to go by my opinions. Your thread is about any American OTR drivers. I gave you my experience and my thoughts. Doesn’t matter if it’s your thread or not you opened up and asked for opinions. But I’m not arguing over this anymore. Im glad your happy hope you stay happy and retire with them. I’ve gotten out plenty. Every job has perks. Every job has downsides.

5. ThyArtIsBehemoth

ThyArtIsBehemoth Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Wyoming
    Ummm who gives a #### whose thread it is he asked for opinions that’s what he got.

6. Pianoman

Mar 14, 2016
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Eh maybe I was a bit harsh as I did ask for opinions from those who used to drive for them. I do appreciate the feedback. I'll leave it at that though. Cheers

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Opinions were taken and acknowledged. Things changed for the better in the 2 years since you left, apparently..... and he and I DO give a shixzle.

ps: Ya know what opinions are like???? ... <<< and they all stink? ;)

Who do YOU drive for now, if you're so compelled to be negative to a happy man's thread? Don't see ANY positivity in your posts elsewhere, either. Glass is half empty kind of guy, methinks.

Carry on.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  8. aztruckerr

aztruckerr Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2013
    phoenix,az
    Spoke with I believe a person's name Kelly in Colorado said their new pay scale starting out at $0.43 per mile and going up depending on experience.

Pianoman Thanks this.
  9. Pianoman

Mar 14, 2016
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks for the info! Yeah there's been talk of a pay increase but I wasn't sure how much it was since I'm not otr right now. I actually switched to a local position for a while so I could take care of some family matters.
    Since I'm on here anyway...this place is awesome! Totally loving driving for these guys. The office personnel are a pleasure to work with, our equipment is kept up to spec, and I've made lots of friends here between drivers and mechanics and office folk. The pay isn't absolutely top notch, but it's definitely on the higher end of the spectrum. The $.43 a mile plus our stop pay comes out to over $70k for first year otr drivers. The local driver pay is about average but I have a killer schedule and enjoy working here, so I'm not looking elsewhere. I work Tuesday thru Friday 5:30am-4pm, and have Sat thru Monday off, paid hourly. Local drivers start between $18-21/hr.

If anyone has any questions about the company feel free to post on here or send me a message. I'm not on the forum much but I'll respond to any inquiries about AFW.

fordguy2013 and LoneCowboy Thank this.
  10. fordguy2013

fordguy2013 Bobtail Member

May 10, 2018
    Pianoman,
    So glad you are happy here at AFW. We do everything we can to ensure our drivers are happy, healthy, and are paid competitive rates. This is a tight-rope walk we managers have to walk every day, and we do our best to hire and keep safe and hard working drivers. I am very proud of our top-notch OTR and Local Drivers, and am proud to be part of the team. Lastly, Jake just approved the largest OTR and Local Driver raise in history, we are starting OTR Drivers at .43 CPM or more depending on experience, MVR, PSP record, etc. And Local Drivers are starting at $21.00. Not to mention all the safety bonus's, $3,000 per employee referral bonus's, and the liberty our drivers get every day.

@ ThyArtIsBehemoth: Yellow shirt is just the required dress code for managers, I don't really like the color either :).

aztruckerr Thanks this.
  11. aztruckerr

aztruckerr Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2013
    phoenix,az
    Hey Pianoman are you still working there? Are you out of Arizona?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.