Anyone in/near Ohio?

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by milehunter43, Aug 23, 2015.

1. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    I applied to Averitt and seriously considering them. I know they're mainly a southern company, so it has me a little concerned because I'm in Ohio..can anyone up here in the north with them chime in? What the miles/customers are like and if they get you home when they say they will? I'm applying to van truckload regional and like their hometime options. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ryan7659

ryan7659 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Kenton,Ohio
    I run with them out of columbus, and get around 2100 miles a week. I have been with them for 2 years and so far my only regret is i didn't find them 9 years ago. They do get you home every weekend unless you want to stay out and run. On a normal week I will leave out on monday morning with a load headed south and spend the week running around the south and south east then have a load headed back north that will deliver friday or after my hometime on monday morning. We do run some in Mi, Pa, In, IL, and Wi also.. Let me know if you have any more questions, it might take me a while to respond but i will get back to you.

milehunter43, chopper103in and mrdot Thank this.
  4. MichiganOutLaw

MichiganOutLaw Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Michigan
    I only remember one time I didn't get home but it was a customers fault, they loaded our freight on the wrong trailer, but I was compensated for the wait since the customer didn't work on the weekend.

milehunter43 Thanks this.
  5. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    Thanks guys, I decided to go a different direction, but I will definitely keep these guys in mind for the future. Sounds like a solid outfit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.