Anyone Know Anything About "United Truck Group, LLC."

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Blah!, Sep 16, 2009.

1. MrTrip504

MrTrip504 Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2010
    I would like to join and/or setup a class action suit.

I want to join the class action lawsuit against united truck group, truck capital or what ever name they are going by this week.

The fax # is 601-359-4231 for the Office of Consumer Protection Jim Hood, Attorney General State of Mississppi

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    oysterman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. oysterman

oysterman Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2010
    I called them 600 dollars fee for app i said what. She said yea . I said you are crazy as hel . And hung up. Go get boys.

4. sixkiller115

sixkiller115 Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2010
    boogie down bronx ny
    scared money will make no money i brought a truck from them and its great did;nt take there warr got my own

5. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Sure you did! :biggrin_2556:

6. JAYRODPA

JAYRODPA Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Dingmans Ferry pa
    Unless you bought the truck outright, you can't put a warranty on a truck that your name isn't on, The truck is in there name.

7. rollingtruckin

rollingtruckin Bobtail Member

Dec 21, 2010
    San Angelo tx
    We bought a truck from them last year and have had nothing but problems that they have refused to cover under their so called warranty. They gave us a "WE OWE" when we first got the truck that they still have not upheld to. They told us that the only way work could be done on the truck under warranty was to bring it to their shop. HELLO!!!! we dont live there. They have screwed us and sooooo many people its bad. I want to see them go down for this. Yes I still have my truck because I have to support my family. But hell, its getting harder and harder with all the money I have to put out to repair my #### "RENT A TRUCK". I want to know of everyone that really plans on doing something.

8. hwc

hwc Bobtail Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Conroe, Texas
    Please help me start a class action suit against United Truck by submitting your story to the consumer attorney link below. www attorneysforconsumers com

9. ladydragon69

ladydragon69 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2011
    dudlebugg2@yahoo.com
    :biggrin_25510:we got a truck from them 2 mths ago and have been fighting tooth and nail They make it sound wonderful but what they dont tell u is at the end of ur 1 yr RENTAL AGREEMENT that most likely ur not gettin the truck but they will rent it too u again for another 10-15000 . I am in the process right now of trying to figure out how to press charges against these lying people they have taken everything from me and my family, i will not stand idly by while they do it to other good hard working truckers. So any of u who say u are interested in joining a lawsuit to see what we can do, feel free to contact me by email. If anyone has any ideas on how to get the lawsuit started im up for suggestions, but intend to try and do something about it. It is not right for them to take advantage of hard working people out here tryin to make a living and all they do is sit around on their butts and take ur money and lie about the promises they make.o PLEASE IF U ARE EVEN CONSIDERING GOING TO THIS PLACE CHECK THE BBB WEB SITE THEY HAVE A RATING OF F AND MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEM, IF U STILL WANNA GO JUST ROLL DOWN UR WINDOW ON THE WAY AND THROW UR MONEY RIGHT OUT!!!!!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  10. BigJohn54

BigJohn54 Gone, but NEVER forgotten

May 13, 2011
    SW Missouri
    I feel sorry for anyone taken by this outfit or the many others that operate the same way. The question is why would anyone lease a truck from an outfit that a little research would show is crooked.

Lease purchases have inherent problems such as lack of ownership. They encourage people that can't afford to purchase to try to acquire equipment that they seldom can afford. If you are considering this type of arraignment, you should be aware they are one-sided.

Give this some thought. Why would anyone offer equipment to anyone that most financial institutes have determined not to be creditworthy? And what quality will this equipment be? I am in no way talking down to anyone. I have personally ruined my credit twice over more than thirty years and nursed it back to health.

IMHO in one of these agreements, you will not find anything happening to you that could not have been predicted by research, reading the agreements or applying common sense. With all due respect these predators have their agreements drawn up by attorneys with only their well being in mind. I seriously doubt that they have acted in a way not backed by their agreement or lack thereof.

Anyone entering into these agreements should expect at the very least, unless otherwise noted in writing, the following:

1) A one-sided agreement,
    2) High prices, fees, payments, late fees and interest,
    3) First payment due in 7 days (it is a weekly contract),
    4) Repossession if one week behind (you are behind one payment),
    5) Repairs only available at the place of purchase,
    6) No buyout or ownership at the end of term,
    7) Nothing said by sales members is true, and
    8 ) Only that which is in writing is true.

I understand why people, myself included, sometimes do things that are highly unlikely to succeed. What I don't understand is why they have such unrealistic expectations. I personally would only enter into an agreement such as this out of desperation and after much research. If I succeeded, I would be well aware that I had beaten the odds. If I failed I would understand that their predatory actions and my poor judgment were both to blame. I would cut my losses and swear to a better plan for the future.

If you act out of desperation, the outcome is seldom positive. People who aren't desperate do not enter into lease purchase agreements. They save money, build credit, make a down payment and have operating capital. With all due respect, if you don't realize that a lease purchase is a desperate act that is a big part of the problem.

Sure this type of operations steals your dreams, but only if you allow it. Yes, many operate on bait and switch and also lie to you. The only thing you can prove is what is in writing. This type of operation continues to find victims in the same way that a con man does it. The victim is expecting to make a small investment for a big return and the deal is too good to be true. These scams can only work as long as there are willing victims. Read the agreement that you are about to sign, it is the only relevant truth. Remember in a lease, you own nothing.

Now some will slam me and think I am looking down on others. This is not the truth. I am a normal person with normal dreams. I have considered this type of agreement before and it would be perfect for me now as I try to get enough cash together to do this right. But the little voice in the back of my head won't allow me to do this.

11. lowjo

lowjo Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2009
    arkansas
    some time back i almost bought a truck from them. i mean i had all the money to get it,5 down..and the 450 app fee. but i was questioning how they 'all the sudden sold it but had a nice one ready for me.' so i gave them my debit card # with a number off,on purpose,with a verbal agreement to not run until the following friday. the calls began wed.,thurs. and stopped friday.. they tried to run my card for the whole thing,5,450! ..so,they were mad when the card wouldn't process... i wouldn't deal with them

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.