Anyone know the best intermodal company running memphis, tn to nashville, tn for o/o

Discussion in 'Intermodal Trucking Forum' started by sdc49, Jun 2, 2012.

1. sdc49

sdc49 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2012
    adamsville, tn
    I am presently, running back and forth everyday, I am happy with load rate but the fuel surcharge, is way to low. It figures to about .24 cents a mile or about 24% of load. $1.10 loaded and .85 empty, mostly drop and hook with LTL's. I'm all right with company, but they are not covering fuel, home every night and weekends. I plan on calling around this week to other outfits and see what these other companies are willing to put in writing. I'm not looking to get rich just cover truck expenses, I would appreciate any info from O/O's running this route everyday.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    We have drivers in the area and they run a lot of local stuff. We pay percentage but in the worst month they blew your number away. Shoot me an email if you want to explore.

4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    SDC,

Are you running for an intermodal company right now? I run from Mississippi to exit 126 on I40 everyday and see the same companies running Memphis to Nashville everyday. The ones I see are Comtrak, Mainstream, Cowan, Transone, IMCG, H&M, W.W. Roland and a few others. The guys I talked to at Comtrak say they avg from 2100 to 2300 miles a week and usually their settlements are anywhere from 1500 to 2000 after deductions. Not sure about the others. Who are you working for?

5. diesel dawg

diesel dawg Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2009
    WALNUT RIDGE, AR
    can anyone tell me if lexington intermodal in a good company?

6. woodgraine83

woodgraine83 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Does anyone know about Intermodal Cartage Group ( IMCG ) out of Memphis, TN and their my truck program. Are they a good company to lease under?

7. Frontman

Frontman Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    IMCG is one of the largest container outfits in Memphis. They have terminals at most port cities. Are you wanting to lease on with them to haul regional or city?

8. woodgraine83

woodgraine83 Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Im really looking to lease on to haul city, but I will haul regional if I have to. Do you know anything the pay for an owner op there?

9. Frontman

Frontman Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Don't know anything about pay - if we're set on hauling cans around MEM, call IMCG and see what they say. They have a fleet of city trucks so .. I drove by BTT (Bridge Terminal Transport) last Sunday and they had a sign out wanting o/o's. There are MANY container outfits in MEM - in number, most are small with less than 30 total trucks.

10. sdc49

sdc49 Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2012
    adamsville, tn
    Don't know about lexington, but a helpful hint is to negotiate rate going in I am currently running intermodal for a about $1.50 a mile loaded and $1.10 empty, which is not good, but learning the ropes and believe me there are a lot of ropes. First off is that I would shoot for at least $2.00 loaded with experience after all you are leased on. then if you are on digital or paper. The other is weight I can run 16,000 every load a lot cheaper than 44,000. The problem with these companies is locking down FSC, they talk all day about %, but don't want to lock down a firm #.

Still waiting for a good answer on original post, should I buy chassis. Looking at possible skateboarding, Have authority and maintaining two insurance policies, theirs and mine. A little advice, I like my time at home.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  11. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    home time is worth a lot. no ideling overnight, less expensis,

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.