Anyone pull Nissan out of Smyrna,TN?

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by witch.dokta, Jun 11, 2012.

1. witch.dokta

witch.dokta Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    After returning to driving after a 3 year break, I am nearing that phase in a swift drivers life where I am starting to become ashamed of the company, my fellow drivers, and myself for staying this long while getting treated like scum. I can't take it her anymore and sometimes find myself thinking about strangling my kindergarten teacher...i mean "dm" to death or dragging with and parking my truck on top of his nice little prius, in the middle of the ghetto, about a block away from the Memphis terminal and let the crack dealers do their thing. I live not far from Smyrna and like the details of the Nissan account a lot. I hear good things about Averitt from all the OTRs I talk to, but haven't heard anything from the Nissan boys.... If any of you guys are out there, can you give me the lowdown please?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigmikectn

bigmikectn Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Cleveland, TN
    I don't know anything about the Nissan account out of Smyrna, however I can relate to your frustrations with Swift. Even if you come on as a regional driver you will LOVE it. I have always been treated with a great amount of respect by everyone I talk to. I used to HATE talking to anyone in a Swift shop. I have only had one guy be a smart ##### to me at an Averitt shop but he was really stressed at the time.

My Fleet Manager calls me about once a month just to make sure I am happy and ask what he can do to make my life on the road better. Home every weekend sure is nice as well.

4. witch.dokta

witch.dokta Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Trying to get my pilots license so the more home time the better. I'm also thinking about going to knight, and I know its just a bad as Swift, but at least I could work 7 on, 7 off and make as much as I am now. Have a good friend that does that and works some while he's home pulling nestle water to their terminal and gets hourly pay for that.

5. kristygoins

kristygoins Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2012
    I dont know about averritt but i pulled out of nissan for pro logistics and i loved it...but i quit when they lost alot of the accounts with nissan

witch.dokta Thanks this.
  6. Voltrucker

Voltrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    Lets bring this thread back from the dead. I know somebody that worked for FedEx and he pulled out of the Saturn plant in Columbia,TN every night. He made a decent living but he had to quit due to heart attack. If I'm not mistaking, the old Saturn plant now makes Nissan's don't they?

7. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    According to somebody who lives near there GM is using it now, building Chevy Equinox.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.