Anyone running with AVF?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Padwalz, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Padwalz

Padwalz Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Any ad with that many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! makes me leary. And I’ve never heard of much money in Amazon loads.

No clue who they are though.

4. Padwalz

Padwalz Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Haha yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. I'm done being leased on so I'm reinstating my authority and was wondering if there was anything that makes a decent buck without a trailer (I'm trying to decide what kind of trailer to acquire).

I'm open to suggestions

5. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    JB Hunt sometimes emails over wanting dedicated power only. I’d probably just get a dry van though if it was me. Depends where you are in the country though. Reefers are pretty expensive and a lot of waiting around for just starting out.

6. Padwalz

Padwalz Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Yeah, I thought about getting back into cars but it's pricey to get into anything decent and the industry has changed quite a bit since I last hauled. I would really prefer something a little more simple (as bad as that sounds), my experience in trucking is cars and bulk. I would like to try dry van or even reefer, but I don't know if I can deal with crazy load and unload times at the dock. Please enlighten me because I'm unaware of the dry van hauling.

7. Padwalz

Padwalz Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2019
    By the way I'm in upstate NY area

8. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    I would just do a dry van then out of lower cost and simplicity. You would probably end up running to the SE and back, Midwest and back, or could piece together some 200 to 300 mile runs that stay in the NE. That’s your best bet IMO.

9. Padwalz

Padwalz Bobtail Member

Jan 12, 2019
    Running off of DAT and JB loadboards?

10. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
  11. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Let's start with the basics. At the top of the listing they are claiming $400 - $450 K per year. The the razz ma tazz about who their clients are. Then later it says $4500 week.
    Well, say you work for this schmuck for 50 weeks. $4500 x 50 is $225,000. Wha happened to the $9000 per week at the top of the ad?

Oh yes, he also imparted very intelligent information that only a few people know about.
    It is slow in January and February.
    I think I will pass on this scam.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.