Anyone sue TQL? Looking for an attorney to sue TQL

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by TeamPlatinum, Nov 7, 2017.

1. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    It sounds like a policy violation somewhere, and now the office is doubling down to cover it up so the head office doesn't find out. Filing on their bond is going to get someone's attention, quick, fast, and in a hurry.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I can't imagine they would not pay and hold 33k,unless they clearly thought that there was some breach of contract. Being late due to a Blizzard and resulting road closure cannot be a breach of contract. It would be too lame and they would be too stupid to think they could pull this off. It would be interesting to see the fictitious damages they came up with. I know a guy who had a claim and the broker hold his other payable invoices bonded, for about as much - over 30k, because his truck was turned away due to a broken seal. It was different though, the receiver refused the product.

4. fishonron

fishonron Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2017
    North Central Kansas
    Although I'm not a driver (yet) let alone an owner operator I've been a residential construction general contractor for 30+ years and have dealt with similar situations to this (thankfully) only a few times.

My advise to you would be to contact an attorney that 'specializes' in the transportation/trucking industries in the State that pertains to to your contract for at a minimum just a consultation.

A quick Google search comes up with many,
    https://www.google.com/search?q=att....1.69i57j0.20092j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  5. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    Right. What I'm suggesting is that some TQL agent or other made an excuse to repair his bottomline from lost business at the expense of @TeamPlatinum. God only knows what's going on without having eyes on the documentation, and @TeamPlatinum would be terribly lacking in intelligence to post it (At least until the case is resolved). In fact, the less he tells us, the better it is for him. The last thing he needs is to get hemmed up as part of whatever broker-carrier agreement TQL made him sign.

6. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Let me explain my personal experience for everyone that says, file on the brokers bond.

I had a broker out of NC that went out of business and didn't pay me, Gregco. Channing Holit. $600.
    The bond company Pacific Financial looked for a reason NOT TO PAY ME.
    That was the shippment did not leave the state of Virginia and was not an interstate shipment.

TQL has Pacific Financial and I'm sure they are pretty protective of a large broker.

Here is my advice. Sue the shipper. If its really 33k you will have to take it to civil court and a lawyer would be good to have.

DSK333 Thanks this.
  7. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Protective or not filing on their bond is the fastest way to get the attention of someone who isn't who you're dealing with. If filing on their bond doesn't work within 30 days I'd lawyer up.

I'm optimizing around NOT hiring a lawyer to reduce costs. Paying some guy a few k to collect your 33k costs a few k, and I strongly suspect that TQL is going to pay this before it comes to that.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  8. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    No a warrent in debt for 33k sent by the police to TQL customer will be the fastest way to get there attention..

Alot faster than a bond company.

9. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I just had to file on bond of the broker who is with Pacific. Well, I did not even get to file it. Pacific just inquired who is the broker and what is my company name.
    So I emailed them in the morning and in the afternoon Pacific emailed me the check number written by the broker.
    Like boredsocial said, It's worth to try it, just to get somebody's else attention and then go from there

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  10. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Your option is better in a vacuum for sure, but it’s better to exhaust what you can do for free before paying.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  11. 6wheeler

Aug 30, 2009
    I sure would LOVE to be in the office to hear that phone ring with TQL on the other end saying, we are TQL and we have capacity sales pitch.

And the shipper just received a summons from the police for 33k.

Wow that would awsome

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.