Anyone with Experience with Shower Bunk / Bathroom Drom Addon

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by NoBigHurry, Jul 15, 2018.

1. NoBigHurry

NoBigHurry Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Does anyone have any experience with a Shower Bunk / Bathroom Dromedary Addon ? This is a small bathroom (toilet / shower / no sink usually ) that is added to the outside back of the sleeper with access via the cat walk. I have only every seen a handful of these and have never had the opportunity to talk to an owner.

Here is a link to some thing that I had in mind. Shower Bunk | AA Truck Sleeper Corp

Some of what I want to know is:
    • Cost of unit
    • Cost of any frame lengthening or other truck mods
    • Winterization problems
    • Water heater setups
    • Potable water access
    • Experience with Cassette toilets
    • Dumb station problems and solutions
    • Anything else you might think of

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The only outside showers I ever built for work were attached to very secluded homes with a 5 foot by 3 foot wide french drain under the ground filled with rocks.

If it's storming outside that is your shower. But only up to a certain point.

Toilet is handled by a human toilet with necessary dry supplies to decompose the solid waste and convert the liquid waste to solid, cat litter style. It's a certain capacity and only used when there are no options around combined with whenever a DOT man says this aint a RV! Oh you got a toilet for people in there. Plus water food etc. It is a RV now.

You would run into potentially problems with private property such as a truckstop that notices you going through 50 gallons of water, taking a shower converting it to greywater that now needs to be disposed of. Last time I looked you have bigger human waste problems than that in those places. So why expose yourself to that?

By the same token, we used 10% bleach and a couple of other things for shower stalls inside the truckstop with sandals etc. Once in a great while a rest area say in Ohio would have showers, but drug addicts go to shoot up quickly and leave human blood which is usually infectious in some way. Those stalls are not to be touched.

There have been trucks built in the past with a little extra sleeper for a shower in one corner and it's just big enough to fit one human in there long enough to get it done properly with hot water etc. For that you need to bolt a third tank onto your truck frame for potable water and some means of heating it to protect it in -50 outside. Obviously you will not be taking showers in that kind of winter weather inside that truck.

In America if you have enough money you can have it built for you custom. Or find one already built specifically able to go on road as a entire unit and meets DOT inspection etc.

4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Just buy an ict sleeper. Adding a drom box with running water will cost nearly as much and not be a 10th as nice.

wore out and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  5. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    1779178D-26BE-45C0-AD77-EA9B7412B7C5.jpeg

ICT sleeper. All you need right there.

6. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    That's what i want when i grow up.

7. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    I’m about to break out the pressure washer on the underside - come help!!

8. spyder7723

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Sure thing. When you say help, i assume you mean come drop my truck off so you can do it next while i catch a ride to the bar.

wore out, 91B20H8 and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    I’m pleading ignorance here. What’s ICT stand for?

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  10. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Indiana Custom Truck. They make the boxes with everything in them, fit them etc.

There is also ARI, and Bolt.

NoBigHurry, wore out and motocross25 Thank this.
  11. blairandgretchen

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Look - I love you to bits bro, but sometimes your novels are all over the place like a mad woman’s footprints!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.