Anyone Work For Millis?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by skullitor, Jun 10, 2007.

1. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    OK, Does anyone know much about Millis Transfer?I've heard both BAD,and Good.I know they are a training company.Anyone have anything to say?
    Skull

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MiracleMaid

MiracleMaid Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2007
    About Millis..my husband just finished their school..great instructer..good experience ..only 3 in class in Ohio..also a terminal there and he got to talk to alot of their drivers..they all seem satisfied with the company..he goes out with trainer after orientation but it has been a positive experience so far..take care.

4. bandit24

bandit24 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Near Charlottesville, VA
    I was looking into Millis Tranfer. I went to another site that their drivers go to. I was informed that they charge $2,500.00 for their training. Have not heard much bad about them. Then, 2 days ago, I received a letter from Millis inviting me to training. I have to call them Thursday so I can speak to a person about driving with my disability. Not crazy bout committing to anyone without letting them know the full situation.

5. runner123

runner123 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2004
    georgia
    Let us know what they say. I have application in to them, waiting on a call, thanks.

6. shortrookie

shortrookie Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Hows is it now update

7. bandit24

bandit24 Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Near Charlottesville, VA
    I just got off the phone with a Millis Transfer recruitor. I have to say, " I think I stunned the h-ll out of her". She was restating the letter I received a day ago about how I was accepted into going to school / work with them. I asked her, "How am I accepted when you, Miliis Transfer, knows nothing about me" She paused a second, and said it was based on the online application. I told her, "I have only one arm(working one, that is). I then told her I REQUIRED an Autoshift Tranny and a waiver from USDOT in order to qualify. She said that Millis NOW only has 10 speeds in use. I explained that I had filled out the online application for their company besause their website said that they also had Autoshifts.

I believe that, I can pass a USDOT physical with the added waiver, but in order for that to happen, I must find a company that is willing to give me a try. This is gonna be tough. Find a company that will provide schooling with the added reponsibility of the waiver. MY SEARCH CONTINUES!!

8. the punisher

the punisher Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2007
    crossville, tn
    I was looking at them as well. The do look like they have the best training program. What about APU's and ideling policies?...I don't want to have qualcomm wars over ideling in frezzing temps...do they have APUs?

9. TruckingBum

TruckingBum Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2007
    ga
    Hey punisher
    I worked for millis.
    Heres my rundown.
    My first 60 days their were honestly the best 2 months of working for any I have ever worked for. no hassles lots of miles and good pay.
    I made almost 7k the first month.
    After your first 60 days you will be sent to another disp and then it will change. but not terribly so.
    Equipment hopefully you will get a kenworth i had one and loved it to death. I got a chance to drive one of the freightliners one day it was a pain in the ### to shift. But like everything else you get use to it.
    As for apus they do have them i believe they r given to trainers,teams and mayb veteren drivers who have been their for a long long time.
    The rest of the trucks are equiped with webasto heaters in the bunk. of course that does you know good in the heat. so Idle away :)
    They will complain about your idletime they did it to me in the last month i worked their but its 40% they were looking for not to bad for a carrier most want it under 30.
    Most carriers and dispatchers will use the excuse other drivers do it so u should to.
    That is just simply unacceptable.
    When in reality most dispatchers recieve a bonus for having their drivers have a low idle time.
    I left to pursue other interests but My impression i got from working for them, they were the best carrier i have worked for thus far.
    The real only one complaint i would have would be the idle time qualcom bs. However Im sure they will equip all the trucks with apus sooner or later.
    Good luck.
    TruckingBum

10. Possom

Possom Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2007
    WV
    I understand you need to have your CDL Permit when you arrive at training along with 500 Greenbacks for your training. I know you have to have money to live on while there. Q1 What about laundry where do you do it at ? Q2 Where do stay while training? Thats all the Questions for right now. How do you guys like working for Millis that have trained with them? Well that was all questions.

Possom

11. TruckingBum

TruckingBum Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2007
    ga
    Hey possom I didnt train at millis but it is my understanding that the 500 really just offsets the cost of the hotel and such .
    Most hotels have a laundry machine.
    Do yourself a favor and just call a millis recruiter.
    I wouldnt wait to long winters coming its no fun to be outside in freezing weather trying to learn.
    Good luck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.