Appearance standards, trade secret?

Discussion in 'UPS/UPSF' started by mickeyrat, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Companies have their own dress codes and appearance standards; so if they hire you, you must adhere to those standards while an employee.

I worked for one company that was hiring & a guy showed up wearing a basketball uniform & dribbled a basket ball from the parking lot to the interview room. Of course he wasn't hired, which was probably his intent.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voltrucker

Voltrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    West TN
    If you have facial hair, shave. Don't show up in old greasy work clothes. Go into that interview like you're going to church (no tuxedos lol, that'll be going overboard). Be well mannered and show you care about what you make of yourself.

4. Brown67

Brown67 Bobtail Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Been with UPS for 23 years. No beards. No long hair. Banker hair cut. No earrings if you are male. Mustache is ok but neatly trimmed and can't extend past the edges of you mouth. No goatees. Must wear uniform if you are hired. For interview I would wear dockers and button up the front shirt or polo shirt. Don't wear tennis shoes. UPS can hire anyone they want, so look better than anyone at the interview. It's a big deal to look good. They don't want any nonconformist, because they want everyone to do it their way.

I'm a Feeder driver with UPS and most us make 75K to 125K depending on your run. Dress like you make that kind of money. Sloppy, greasy, tattoos, long hair, earrings, shorts, t-shirts, beards, goatees, piercings, etc are signs to UPS that you don't care and won't conform.

If this helps think US military dress and grooming standards and you have UPS dress and grooming standards.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
    365 and goodchoice10 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.