Applying and interviewing with Schneider

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by joseph1853, Apr 21, 2017.

1. joseph1853

joseph1853 Heavy Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I thought I'd post my recent experience with Schneider. I've been listening to a fellow driver on youtube Jeffery Like who drove for Schneider for several years but no longer does as of recently but still has good thoughts of them so I figured I'd give them a try as they had a tanker position open up in my area that seemed like a good deal against my better judgment being I do not think highly of big trucking conglomerants for the most part but i thought maybe schneiders different lol. So I filled out the online application and one of there reps called me the next morning, ended up talking with her later that day, she asked me what my experience was and what endorsements i had on my license and such and then rescheduled me for a second interview that Friday today actually. they sent me a conditional "job offer" in my email like there was a serious chance they would hire me but I new better then to give it to much as I know how this goes typically, your not hired until your in that truck going down the road that's the way it is as I'm sure you all are very aware of. preaching to the choir here i know. anyways the paper pusher calls me up and starts slinging me questions that had already been answered on my application but schneidy needed more details on different jobs i had that didn't work out. they asked questions such as why did you leave such and such company? like there's some kind of real answer here that would mean anything.... I mean are they really that stupid to think that they are getting real answers of what really actually happened from drivers as if they even had a clue what was the real deal in the first place? I mean i understand there situations out there that are obvious and there's no arguing it but i don't think i would be stretching reality too much to say most of the time you get fired and the driver has no real idea why it happened at least that's the experience Ive had. maybe its not what generally happens and it just me but that what i think anyways. company's are too worried about legal repercussions to really be upfront about why they really fired you. i mean if the boss's wife is talking to you a little to much and he's a bit jealous and decided it would be better off not to have you around anymore well guess what you'll never hear that, no they'll drum up some crap and see ya... so back to schneidy asking me what happened lol.. are you seeing the problem here? i feel like telling them well i have 2 out of 3 thoughts on the subject ones my opinion ones what they told me and the truth... i have no idea on what the 3rd option is (truth) but yet schneidy takes your statement as the gospel truth? assuming your even telling them what the actual reason the company gave was because most won't even do that. so what ends up happening is the person that tells the truth doesn't get hired and the one that fills them full of crap gets hired!! that's the world we live in though isn't it.. still haven't got used to that... still pisses me off.. any ideas out there on how people respond to potential employers when they ask them why they no longer work for a company? do you tell them exactly what the previous company told you or your opinion on the matter or just some totally concocted story? anyways ive vented long enough...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    I been told employers can only ask if you are a rehire and that's it.

4. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    Well over the years I've had several jobs and not one abided by that rule if it indeed is a rule from my experience.. its always the same, why are you no longer employed with such and such.. well i take that back it was always the "big" company's that asked those questions never the small company's. im in Texas also. i noticed your name (Texas_hwy_287). what do you wanna bet that phone conversation wasn't recorded?? lol. im going to find out..

AtticusRoad and Texas_hwy_287 Thank this.
  5. BigTennOTR

BigTennOTR Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    I got let go from a job once.....but the boss's wife did a little more then TALKIN hahaha....

PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

AtticusRoad, LoudOne and Trench32125 Thank this.
  6. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    That's true here in CT.

7. Texas_hwy_287

Texas_hwy_287 Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Texas
    Lol true, where in Texas you from. I say if you live in a big city why bother going otr or regional don't give me wrong otr or regional ain't bad but why not shoot for a LtL company or a local tanker.

8. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    So you have been fired from a few trucking jobs? You don't know why? And are perturbed that Schneider would ask why? That sounds about right.

9. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    exactly. that's actually what im doing now, tanker that is. home most every night. but works been slow lately and the bills are stacking up..

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  10. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    You may want to reread my post, my frustration had nothing to do with them asking the question, obviously that is information that you would want to have if your on the hiring end. I just wonder why they would assume in some if not most cases that the reason is really not known for certain.. every body's trying to cover there butts legally so they word everything in such a way to the point were you really don't know whats going on.. does that make sense? im just saying its a little more complicated then that. just wish they had a little better understanding of the situation. i mean i now trucking company's are all honest and good and all lol...

11. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    ^^ So again your saying you got fired and you don't know why?

AtticusRoad, 91B20H8 and FireLotus Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.