Applying and interviewing with Schneider

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by joseph1853, Apr 21, 2017.

1. joseph1853

joseph1853 Heavy Load Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    the quick answer is no.. as I said in post there's what the company said, what I think and the truth. not sure what the truth was in the situation.. does that make sense?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FireLotus

FireLotus Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2017
    Joeseph1853...
    as a recruiter and staffing agent.. how a candidate answers questions matters.. it tells us a lot about them... also, when talking to a recruiter or staffing agent even idle #### chat matters... you know, when the ' computer is running slow' and they ask how your day is...

Bo Hunt, OPUS 7, gentleroger and 4 others Thank this.
  4. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I wish they would give more information on what made them determine there decision.. There response was your not what we were looking for, thanks, by... i actually called this guy back and of course got the answering machine and so I left msg asking for something stating why they made there decision. I read some were that if you ask for it there required to give it or something along those lines.

5. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Pretty much looking for a slave, who puts up with any and all bs.
    Im guessing you know why they turned down the app..dac.
    Im done with this whole industry..and just to make sure, I never again listen to their bs, Im abandoning my truck and going home to enjoy some nose candy..lots of it!

6. LoudOne

LoudOne Medium Load Member

Company said no. That's all there is to it. They have the right to turn you down after an interview. There not obligated to hire you because you had a conditional job offer....

FireLotus Thanks this.
  7. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    I agree. Never said that wasn't the case..

8. AtticusRoad

AtticusRoad Medium Load Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Indiana
    Did somebody say...
    ___ The Buckwheat Boys – Peanut Butter Jelly Time (Luke Da Duke Remix.gif

BigTennOTR and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  9. FireLotus

Mar 26, 2017
    Don't know what you read and where.. but, no they don't have to tell you and more than likely won't..if you suspect something foul.. like a race bias or gender bias or whatever then you would need to retain a lawyer and file a complaint.

Now, if a credit report is run in determining whether to hire you then you will get a copy of what they received.. same with the background check...

I work with more than just the trucking industry.. and really the trucking industry is a pretty simple process... There are no test.. like an assessment test, math test, knowledge or skills test.. meaning, that while yes, a company may reguire you to do a drive and back test... but, by that time you are at the interview or orientation...
    There are industries where the candidate has a series of tests they have to take and pass before the even get to the interview.

Also.. paper pusher... why is that people who have a hard time getting a job feel the need to try a demean or belittle someone who has a job...

When I first started as a recruiter I would take those calls from people who didn't get hired or read the emails they sent and it bothered me... but, then my manager and mentor had a chat with me... he let me talk for a bit about how this guy said that and that guy said this and this guys wife called and said bla bla and blamed me for them losing their house and their kids starving...

Then he said, if they are losing their house and their kids are starving their troubles happened long before you came along.. and why should you care what those guys call you.. they are mad because they can't get a job paying half as much as what you make.. they need someone to blame cause they are to weak to realize it is them.

So, it took a bit.. but now it doesn't bother me... so okay.. I am a paper pusher.. but I make good money doing it.. just bought another Harley, not worried about losing my house or savings,all my bills are paid and I just got back from a little spontaneous vacation.... life is good as a paper pusher..

Bo Hunt, joseph1853 and AtticusRoad Thank this.
  10. FireLotus

Mar 26, 2017
    They more than likely do not know the reason.. as a recruiter my job is to select the best candidates to be interviewed... sometime they may tell me why, but more often then not, they don't... the person in chase of the hiring decisions is the recruiter.. they are just the gate keepers and the ones who tell the candidates that they didn't get the job.

joseph1853 and AtticusRoad Thank this.
  11. joseph1853

Dec 12, 2010
    Waco, TX
    sorry your right I should refrain from name calling. he was just doing his job i know it wasn't personal or his fault.

I actually have a job so it's not that with me its just the frustration of feeling like you have to play this game and lie to get ahead in this world. It seems the good guy these days get the shaft while the crooked succeed but I know that's just temporary and that it's not always the case.

I know I didn't get that job because there's something better for me. And nobody likes to get rejected especially when there a good reliable honest hard worker.. I'm not perfect but I am that.

Thank you for your response/insight it was helpful.

OPUS 7 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.