Appreciate those taking the time. Looking at CDL Schools.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Wrecked_Harley, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Wrecked_Harley

Wrecked_Harley Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Chandler, AZ
    I just wanted to say thank you to those that take the time to share their experiences, knowledge, advice and sarcasm here. I am looking to make a career change and have found most of my questions answered here. It will be a few months before I am able to make my decision due to a scheduled knee replacement. As much as I love my money, I have been convinced numerous times to pay for my own schooling and to avoid company paid schooling. I still have tons of questions and will continue to comb through the threads looking for answers before I ask 36 drug related questions that have been answered. If anyone has a contact for someone at a Phoenix school that won’t BS me too bad I would appreciate it. Again, thank you for educating all of us that are clueless to what we want to get ourselves into.

Suspect Zero and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    @Chinatown will probably have some good info for you.

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    There's pros and cons either way, but be aware some non-carrier managed school hours (independent schools) are not necessarily recognized by every carrier who hires new CDL holders.

Private school C hours may only be recognized by carrier F and H, while carrier A-D recognizes hours of Private School A and B only

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    "36 drug questions that have been answered..."

THATs FUNNY!!! I love it.

Ya know what. Get a new knee, heal it up (Hopefully it's not your clutch pedal knee.. it will really hurt)

They want to put a new hip joint in mine. God only knows how expensive that is. When you get a new knee, kindly let me know how much they billed you eh?

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  6. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Good luck with the knee replacement! Glad you found us!

Puppage, MACK E-6 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Knee replacement is a far tougher recovery than a hip. My mother recently had both unfortunately.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Oh really? Im sorry to hear that. I have a left knee that probably needs it where possible someday. But the joint there is degenerating. I hope that I don't need it there at all.

I really resent and hate the basic bone issues in those two joints seriously. It's not acceptable to me. But Ive been told I don't have a choice and it will get worse.

The VA put my spouse out on the table and ground out with a strong drill what they call bone spurs. They were growing and literally stabbing her with every step. They managed to grind em out or chop em out. And gave her her freedom back.

MACK E-6 Thanks this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The required physical therapy afterwards is apparently pretty painful.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Well thanks for the advance thanks dude wow even thanking the sarcastic ones as well not that anyone would be sarcastic huh :rolleyes: when you pay for your own tuition the worlds your oyster so to speak your not indebted to anyone and so are a free agent unfortunately who has the $5000 sitting in their bank account or under their pillow? So the overwhelming majority have no choice but to go with the company program and work for peanuts.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. Wrecked_Harley

Wrecked_Harley Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2018
    Chandler, AZ
    Luckily it is the right one. I will pass on the info as soon as I get to EOB from insurance. I have spent a ton of money this year so my out of pocket is just about maxed.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.