Are any other driver's Having problem's with Knight refridgerated

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by wolfmanswife, May 26, 2007.

1. wolfmanswife

wolfmanswife Bobtail Member

May 26, 2007
    missouri
    Hello everyone my husband drive's for Knight refridgerated out of Phoenix,Arizona.He constantly has problem's with dispatch.They keep him out a whole month before even attempting to get him home.He has requested several time's to be transfered to the Memphis terminal since he relocated to Missouri but has been repeatedly refused.As a trucker's wife I would not refer anyone to Knight refridgerated:biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    understand your fustrations with the company, but what is their homtime policy?
    Trucking is not a bed of roses sometimes they may not be able to get him home when he wants.
    My suggestion is he needs to sit down and talk to his dispatcher first then if that does not help talk with the supervisor of that dispatcher.
    Your hubby probaly needs to speak someone in the HR dept to get transfered.
    If it does not change he can go higher up in managment.

If your hubby has a good aditude with all of them and simply explains that he needs time off more often than every 4 weeks if possible to avoid getting burned out they may be willing to work with him. just make sure he watches how he phrases things or he will quickly see a decrease in miles and alot of sitting.

Now I may not know everything yet because I will just be starting out but that is most of the advice I see on here.

4. wolfmanswife

May 26, 2007
    missouri
    ty for your advice I will tell my hubby

5. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I know a driver that just went with them. He is out of the memhis term. I will keep you posted from what I hear from him.

6. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Im sure if your hubby talked to his dispatch about his needs at home, he will be accomadated..... Knight is your hometown national carrier!:biggrin_25519:

7. DeputyDog

DeputyDog Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2006
    Dayton,Oh
    I find it interesting that Knight Trans does not mention home time on their website. Or, did I miss it?

8. wolfmanswife

May 26, 2007
    missouri
    They say you are in every 14 day's that's a lie.I have known of Knight's leaving drivers out for month's at a time even if they are sick it's next to impossible for them to get home

9. wolfmanswife

May 26, 2007
    missouri
    Knighton5 My hubby has talked to dispatch they don't care how long a driver is out as long as they are getting their loads out

10. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    I would say if your hubby or anyone is ever sick they should probaly not drive at that time. they should find a safe spot to park and let dispatch know that they are sick and were they are parking so if needed they can have somone come get the load. It is too dangerous driving while a person is sick it can take away alertness and accidents happen that way. Even thought some of you guy's may not agree with me on the sick thing just what I was told.

Of course your husbands dispatcher does not care about the hometime they get paid more when the loads are delivered on time and by the quanity of loads delivered. I had an ex dispatcher tell me that.

He can chat with the dispatchers manager but this could backfire and cause him to loose alot of miles.

Please do not take my next statment the wrong way. I am not meaning or trying to p*** off you or your hubby.
    If you and your hubby decide to talk with the dispatchers manager as I said it could backfire and your hubby may loose all the miles then you and your hubby would be on here complaining about no miles.
    But that is up to you guy's if you want to take it farther up the chain of command.

People certianly do not have to take not getting time at home but that is up to the indivdual.

hopefully it will get better for you both.

11. wolfmanswife

May 26, 2007
    missouri
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.