Are diabetics recommended to eat peanut butter?

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Chinatown, Apr 9, 2023.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Yes! Sandwiches made with peanut butter and jelly are safe for diabetics to consume. Patients with diabetes should restrict their carbohydrate intake, as well as their calorie, sugar, fat, and calorie intake, while increasing their protein and fiber intake, according to the American Diabetes Association (ADA).
    Can diabetics eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches?
    factsaboutfood.com/can-diabetics-eat-peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwiches/

4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    My Mom got her type 2 under control using the Mediterranean diet. Lost weight, lowered A1C , bad cholesterol and every other item on the blood work report. All in 3 months time. The prior report was off the charts in bad cholesterol and sugar levels. It was truly amazing. Had I not seen the bloodwork results with my own eyes, I wouldn’t have believed it possible. One trick she used and swore by, was eating a teaspoon of peanut butter to curb food cravings between meals.

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Several mornings a week I will eat toast with peanut butter on it. I also take about 5 units of Novolog before eating. My blood sugar will rise about 25 points over 2 hours then start coming down.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you use insulin? Forgive me, Novolog is insulin.

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I actually use two types of Insulin. I use what's called Lantus which is a long-acting Insulin. I take the Novalog before every meal. It is short acting.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. tree_climber

tree_climber Bobtail Member

May 11, 2023
    Berberine is an itnteresting herb for diabetes, in some ways its similar to metformin. It just has poor bioavailablility, I got nothing from a capsule form but a powder from Nootropics Depot worked well. Its really bitter, but tasting bitter things is also good for your health. Its also a good antiviral, I took it (among other things) for covid.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.