Are pets allowed on the truck?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Dave_in_AZ, Apr 17, 2018.

1. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Found a good flea repellent. Apple Cider Vinegar.
    Also an insect killer that doesn’t hurt you or your pet. You can eat the food grade. I rationalize that flea powder is in fact this.
    Diatomaceous Earth. ... I used it in my apartment cabinets on roaches. It’s perfectly safe, clean, and no problem for us large mammals. But not insects.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 389driver

389driver Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2018
    Upstate NY
    Really? how do you apply it?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

This made me LOL. My sister in law has a cat who is rather...shall we say..large. I tease her constantly saying the cat has it's own orbit an moons. The cat doesn't care.

That is one beautiful pattern. Puts me in mind of a greyhound rescue I saw once.

No words or jokes that won't get me me banned so......I shall skip on commenting. ;)

I've got 3 dogs, an 3 cats. My household is never at rest. I either got a puppy who acts like it's been fed nothing but sugar an meth or cats causing trouble just to cause trouble. Loves to screw with the older ones. One of the cats is around 1, an still acts like a kitten. Her an the puppy are demons in fur. Cute, but demons I tell you. They keep me entertained. An the pup is the perfect riding dog. She'll take a minute to be all curious at the start of the trip, bout 20 miles out she'll be curled up on the passenger seat snoring away.

This happens a lot..
    [​IMG]

Anyone with a cat and one of those laser toys will understand..
    [​IMG]

Again...owners will understand..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry, beagle snuck that one in...

Sirscrapntruckalot - Jobs held by dogs : Drug/bomb detection, search an rescue, service dogs, and many others. Jobs held by cats : Gods.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    IluvCATS, Dave_in_AZ and tucker Thank this.
  5. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    They say to water it down. I didn’t. Just got my finger wet. Smeared it on my cat. She wasn’t crazy about it. Didn’t freak.
    Seems to work good.

6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    20180420_085402.jpg

Disclaimer : Do not attempt at home. Professional Tabby Kat on the open road.

7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    What if it’s a company truck? Will they still put the title in the cat’s name?

Sirscrapntruckalot and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Kats on hometime. One is under @tucker tree pretending it's the lion of the Serengeti.

20180421_110300.jpg

20180421_113900.jpg

9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  10. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

For souls. Everyone knows cats devour the souls of those who fail them. Ask the Egyptians of old..oh wait you can't. THEIR SOULS HAVE BEEN DEVOURED!

Yes, Apple Cider Vinegar will work. It's a natural repellent for fleas an quite safe for the animals. so you can spray it on them. I believe typical treatment involves putting it in simple spray bottle an hitting your pet with it. Cats or dogs it'll work just fine. You can also use white paper to see how bad your flea problem is. They see white as a heat source. Put a bowl of water with some dish soap, on a piece of white paper over night, int he morning you should see a bunch of dead fleas.

Blue Dawn Soap is also a good way to contain the flea issue. It'll kill them, but is harmless to your pet. Good luck with bathing your cat though. I'm not that brave. My dogs don't mind though, as it helps them feel better. Can only do it though once or so a week, to much an you'll strip the natural oils from their fur.

This stuff here...Diatomaceous Earth. Very important to say the food grade version. There are two kinds, one is safe for pets, to the point you apply it direct to their fur, or in their food. The other kind will kill them. Make sure you get the right stuff. Feel free to google it, lots of helpful info on flea an tick control without resorting to the topical like frontline, etc. Here on my sandbar the topicals have not been working very well the last couple of years. The newer collars that last 6 months to a year will work, but are costly. My face munchers an the cats all get a prescription from the vet for their flea/tick pill. Cheaper an less of a hassle then the frontline, etc type stuff. An not all that stuff is created the same. The cheap stuff you find for 5 to 10 bucks a dose has lot of reviews of it being harmful to pets. From death to other medical issues.

The other thing about the earth stuff...it works by dehydrating the flea an it's eggs if I recall properly. So it's good to use on your carpet, etc. Most flea treatments won't kill the egg/larva. This stuff does via dehydrating it.

Anyhow, sorry for the novel. Hope it helps, an if it doesn't...I'll pretend it did.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot - Bathe a cat, have a death wish.

tucker, scottied67 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  11. WesternPlains

Sep 1, 2017
    You can always tell when you’re snoring too loud. You get a mouth full of fur from your cat laying on your mouth.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.