Are there any tanker O/Os here?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Timinator351P, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Timinator351P

Timinator351P Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2015
    If so, how do you like it and who do you work for? Would you say it was a good decision?

Any stories would be welcome too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FMFDoc

FMFDoc Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Porterville, Ca
    I'm a O/O with Quality Carriers, been with them 9 years. Like all companies they have their problems, but I have grossed 197-204,000. I'm on my 3rd truck through them. All terminals are privately owned so the way you are treated depends on your owners, I happen to work for one of the oldest affiliates and get treated real well.

4. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I'm an O/O with Transport Service and on the whole I'm reasonably happy with them. Been with them almost 3 yrs. Should gross similar to FMFDoc. I'm based in the Houston area and its like anything else, sometimes you have to pick thru the loads to get the best deal.
    Tanker is my gig as it's cut and dried. No lumpers, pallets and all the other BS that goes with it.
    But sometimes I wonder about some of the bone headed decisions some of the hierarchy make at times. For instance, they have just cut our personal use when bobtailing/off-duty to 50 miles from 350 miles. That's really ticked me off as we are on QComm. And we can't even implement the 8/2 split on our 10 hr rest. Their excuse is that some drivers have messed up. How on earth do you mess up a QComm??

I have a buddy who works for QC out of the Fort Worth TX terminal and he's happy with them.
    Good luck

5. Timinator351P

Jan 29, 2015
    Is that take home or gross?

6. FMFDoc

FMFDoc Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Porterville, Ca
    Gross, take home 75k.

7. sshewins

sshewins Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2011
    I used to work at QC in Summit, IL for 5 months. Total NIGHTMARE. The term mngr schooled me how to do a local load and not log it. He's gone and so am I.

Worked at Bork Transport for a year and 8 months. Grossed 230K the last full year. Could've done WAY better, but they didn't want to mess with 'back hauls'.

Then proceeded to Miller Transporters out of Lansing, IL. Did out bound loads at backhaul rates. Finally cough on and confronted the term mngr, he said what's the big deal, you do it all the time. Didn't last too much longer there. Neither did 6 others. Did 197K the first year. 205K the second. Sat around way too much for my liking.

I'm currently residing at Altom. Indianapolis terminal. 70% of linehaul. 100% of fsc, unlike QC. We loose loads alot, cause we're pretty spendy. Headed to Houston area terminal now. Always good freight in Houston. I did 180K in 9 months. Learning all the time.

Ukumfe Thanks this.
  8. jtwhite

jtwhite Bobtail Member

Jan 6, 2014
    dfw. texas
    I pull a cryogenic tank, mainly liquid nitrogen. Love it will never pull anything else. grossed 268,302.51 net 171,004.02 last year. Hard to get on with cryo companies but once you do it is well worth it.

9. Timinator351P

Jan 29, 2015
    About how much was your take home?

10. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011

According to his post he Netted "took home" $171,004.02

NWAF Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.