Are there really any GOOD trucking companies left ?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by TruckedupTim, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Circumstances and convenience have a lot to do with whether someone is happy, or at least not miserable.

Example, PAM, JB Hunt and ABF all have terminals here (Little Rock/North Litttle Rock). They all have local drivers and regional as well as OTR. I see local PAM and JB Hunt drivers all over.

Of course, if I see a JB Hunt truck a mile up the road, I immediately start moving to the hammer lane. Lol

Lonesome and Vic Firth Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    ive talked to some of the million milers at those companies, they didnt seem to be the brightest, but werner is the "pioneer of electronic logs" so they must be awesome lol

4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I appreciate a man that can drool and drive at the same time.

5. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I think I’d pick ABF

6. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    There’s a good reason for it .20 yrs ago Werner was the only Major Carrier fighting against Electronic monitoring being used for audits ( Qualcomm ) Other Carriers weren’t willing to join the fight. So Werner did a 180 with Pilot Program. Basically Screw you too

7. jrhd97

jrhd97 Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2014
    NC
    As said before, recommending a good company is not a quick answer. The company I'm currently with is great if you live in GA, FL, AL, SC or northern VA. Not so great where I live. They just can't seem to establish any good, reliable lanes in eastern NC. The only reason I've stayed here 3 years is the personal relationships with the office staff. They are genuinely good people who try to make things right and they leave you alone to do your job without dictating every little thing.
    My old neighborhor drove for KLLM from '99 till he retired in '16. He loved it there. So... to each his own.

8. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    if they were fighting against it it was only because they thought they couldnt push their drivers anymore under elogs, then they realized they could have more control over a drivers hrs with elogs, if a driver said he didnt have the hrs because he was tired they could now look at a screen and say keep moving driver you have hrs left,its right here on the screen,so of course they and many companies love their elog system, they can now run a driver right to his 70. if the law allowed 90 hrs thats what they would run a driver. cant run that many hrs then your not a super trucker and maybe trucking is not for you, thats the favorite saying of these clowns.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Ya just don't get it. Moving right along.....

10. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    A Driver should want to run up to 70 not complain about having to work

LoSt_AgAiN and Nava-jo x press Thank this.
  11. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve always tried to make as muck money as possible . Never understood Drivers that turn down work “I can’t do that” Same ones crying I ain’t makin no money

Nava-jo x press and Lonesome Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.