Are There Team Flatbed Companies ?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Whiteline64, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Whiteline64

Whiteline64 Light Load Member

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    Looking to find out if there are any team oriented flatbed outfits out here . And are any of these companies using the curtainside trailers . I have flatbed exp , but at 53 tarping is a bit more of a challenge . Thank you to all that respond .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Melton has them. I have only seen 2 but there’s probably a lot more.

stwik and Whiteline64 Thank this.
  4. Whiteline64

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    We called them , they pay 25/27 cpm .. low pay in my opinion for that type of labor .

5. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Try Central Oregon. One of their drivers swore to me they had some team drivers and they have conestogas.

Whiteline64 Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Waggoners Trucking may have what you want.
    [​IMG]

Whiteline64 Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    www.daeske.com owns several flatbed companies; I think 14 at last count. Maybe something there.
    [​IMG]
    UPS (United Parcel Service) has a flatbed division and uses teams. Each team driver gets $.7042 cpm, not split, from what I read. They hire drivers off the street, not out of the warehouse for these OTR jobs. Have to apply online.
    Cant find a picture of their flatbed trucks. Someone else will probably post one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Whiteline64 Thanks this.
  8. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I work at Smokey Point distributing. We have flatbed teams and they generally pull flat or step deck quickdraw trailers. You will most likely be hauling finished aircraft parts in crates. Last I heard the pay was 51 cents split plus 6 cpm (possibly 9 cpm for teams) for turning your paperwork in with in 48 hours and being available to work 24 days a month. We are paid in actual hub miles and are free to chose our own route with in reason.

We are a medium to large company with around 250 trucks. (30ish teams) Our main freight is the aerospace industry from raw materials to aircraft components all the way up to large subsections such as wings and fuselage sections. I'm a solo driver with the wing crew so I have very limited knowledge about our team operation. What I do know is you will have one fleet coordinator and one main planner for all the teams.

I have been here 3 years and I am very happy. We are a two year running Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For company. If I had to name a complaint here it would be communication is lacking sometimes when I have to deal with the main office. Since I'm on the wing team I generally deal with 1 person 90 percent of the time, teams are the same way.

We run all kinds of equipment as far as truck and trailers. Almost all condo sleepers with apu, fridge, sat tv, and inverters. Automatic and 13 speed manual transmission. 68/70 mph trucks. Most teams are in Volvos but we have a lot of kenworths and freightliners.

Any other questions just pm me or reply in this thread. Tell them Kyle Fitzgerald in 487 sent you and I get a nice $2000 dollar recruiting bonus!

IluvCATS, motocross25 and Whiteline64 Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Being in Atlanta, you're in an excellent location for line haul jobs pulling doubles. Those sleeper teams make good money such as over $.70 cpm for each driver for all miles the truck runs. The team can split around 1/4 million dollars per year. That's easy money for drop & hook. Estes Express has been buying new Kenworth sleepers for their teams.
    Old Dominion Freight Lines
    R&L Carriers
    Estes Express
    UPS Freight
    [​IMG]
    ~~~~Estes Express~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Whiteline64 Thanks this.
  10. Whiteline64

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    Thanks I will look into this on monday !

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  11. Whiteline64

May 5, 2016
    Atlanta,GA
    Thank you !

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.