Are you delivering to cities that have riots?

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by iceman32, Oct 27, 2020.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    A man in a drug fueled rage will close that 10 foot gap in a fraction of a second. If he already has a weapon in his hand and you don’t, suffice to say the odds are not in your favor.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    I slept on south 3rd street last night in philly in peaceful slumber as usual, got up this morning and went back to WORK as usual like the rest of the crowd in the area .
    If a cop tells ya to do something within reason ya do it ! ...its pretty simple .
    Lotta stupid people these days that wernt tought right from wrong or how to fill out a job application.

4. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

drvrtech77, D.Tibbitt, KB3MMX and 6 others Thank this.
  5. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I'm supposed to do a delivery in Philadelphia at 5AM in North Philadelphia. Hopefully those protestors have gone to bed by 5am.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  6. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    The increasingly nationalistic rhetoric added on top of a decades long trend of weak educational attainment...yes I already cry about it. I suspect that any facts related to our rates of incarceration, rates of maternal morbidity, rates of class mobility, your internal state would prohibit you being able to hear or address. It's very sad. Not you specifically, you in a greater sense.

7. Eldiablo

Eldiablo Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Where’s these other countries that do a better job at policing? I’m curious..

reeferwrencher, KB3MMX and User666 Thank this.
  8. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    This guy was 27 years old and had 9 kids. WOW...Of course he also had a lengthy violent criminal history... No mention of a job or career anywhere that I've read...

9. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    There aren't any riots in Philly. Those are peaceful protests. Only 11 people shot last night. Everyone was out protesting the high prices at Walmart and Foot Locker. Nothing more.

10. MericanMade

MericanMade Heavy Load Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Pensacola, FL
    I read somewhere that if an attacker armed with a knife is within 20 feet of you, and your CCW is still tucked away, you are a dead man.

Wanting to test this theory, I armed my wife with a butter knife, and I tucked my unloaded Bersa Thunder .380 in my belt holster. Standing 20 feet away, I instructed her that I’d say “ready, set, go,” and we’d go on “go.”

We’ll she went on “ready” and stabbed me in the chest while I was still fumbling for my handgun. I suppose that was a good simulation of the surprise factor.

Anyway, a drug-crazed, knife-wielding gentleman is a huge threat, and for anyone to suggest that a policeman should prussyfoot around with his own life and try to shoot that respected, upstanding citizen in the kneecap is ignorant and absurd.

I’ll even postulate that had the fine gentleman been shot in the kneecap, the indigenous populace would have partaken in illegal acquisition of goods anyway, and the injured party would receive a multi-million dollar settlement.

11. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    In other 1st world countries they don't have every other person walking around with a gun behind his belt, so I think it's much easier for the police over here to lose self control and start shooting vs let's say a British cop

gentleroger, 650cat425 and dunchues Thank this.
  12. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    And raining...

Dale thompson and 650cat425 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.