Arkansas Storms pending today into tonight

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by x1Heavy, Apr 13, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    If you want something truly awesome.

Look at Omaha. On one end, SE is hot, sticky storm problem.

On the NW side in say... 25 miles maybe, howling blizzard that is getting stronger.

Reminds us of Dec 2000 when we hit East OKC at about 90 degrees and in about 6 miles on 40 just past central core OKC it was 28 and falling icing all over prior to sunrise.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im away for the time being. Getting rested while it's quiet.

This is just the overture. A beginning of a beginning. Will be some hours yet.

Muddydog79 Thanks this.
  4. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    I just got out of Arkansas last night. Drove through some heavy rain and high winds but made it out. I was on i30 at the South Fork Truck Stop and it was coming down hard at around midnight.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I'd call the mountainburg storm around a EF2 or so maybe 120 or so. Nice little one.

One passed by down the conway 64 road by elpaso not too much into the night but just noise and wet more than anything thankfully.

It's that season I suppose. But Sunday into Monday roughly will be freezing again at or below so whatever that aint blow-dried will freeze on that pavement so watch yourself out there. Not to mention a proper ice storm developing along the Great Lakes and buffalo of all places.

I think that's it for this one. Until the next one I suppose.

Some years ago a nice stovepipe came along. Here I am watching it on the satellite going by realizing that all I had to do was look up out of one of my house windows. Another time I was playing a online war game what with the violence and battle, I did not notice the monster quietly stripping 10+ telephone poles out of my street for a ways going by the porch. (Never again.. lol. computer and router was on a big enough battery that kicked in and the game was concluded in about a hour in a house with no power.

About that time to have a big enough generator to run the place now and then and so it was.

Just one little quibble. We build houses out of brick and wood. If they aren't mobile homes. You would think you want to build concrete homes one time and sweep out the broken furniture and glass every time a twister came through without all that expensive unnecessary loss of the entire place.

6. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    Last Saturday I delivered a mobile kitchen to Mountain urgent. There were folks lined up, emergency crews and civilians. Picked it up Monday morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.