Armed military and or police stationed

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Loudstacks, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    I'm sorry that you missed the point. The military is NOT being used to enforce the curfew or stay at home orders. The National Guard is, which is a state organization, not our military. They only become military if federalized. President Trump avoided doing this by providing money for the activation of the guard without taking command of the guard. If they reported to the federal government they could not be used for law enforcement within the USA.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midlife Trucker

Midlife Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Shady Dale, GA
    You are exactly correct, and that is the difference which keeps the Posse Comitatus Act from being relevant.

4. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    And your distinctions are very important legal ones. An example of the National Guard unit being Federalized is when a unit is sent overseas, say to Afghanistan. Then the cost and control is with the Federal government.

Midlife Trucker Thanks this.
  5. rickyboricky

rickyboricky Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2019
    PHX
    So did Jimi Hendrix,lol...

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. AOAsam15

AOAsam15 Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2020
    How would the company know if your carrying or not? If you are legal in the states you run in then screw your company. Also if youre not a felon you can carry a long gun anywhere you want. Ive been carrying for 25 years. Not bragging just excersising my god given right. And for all you anti gun activists just remember that criminals will always have guns no matter how strict you make the laws..and im tired of innocent kids being murdered in schools so when do we send teachers through extensive training and psycoligical evaluations so these morons might think twice nextime they enter a school

7. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    My Sig Sauer fits nicely in my front pocket lol

[​IMG]
    Night sights and red dot. Bring it on zombies

[​IMG]

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Same here with a Ruger. Goes in my pocket when I get dressed everyday and stays there until I go to bed.

Brettj3876 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.