Arnold 7 State Southwest Division vs Super Southwest

Discussion in 'Arnold' started by aimhigh, Nov 22, 2013.

1. aimhigh

aimhigh Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    TX /USA - Germany -China
    Looking to get a better picture regarding the 7 State SW vs Super SW division: Had been speaking to a recruiter who is very set on my signing up for the TX 7 State SW division which I thought was the only offer Arnold had for TX based drivers. After some continued calling (and Arnold recruiters are difficult to contact), and speaking to different recruiters, I was told that there is a Super SW division but the lanes are kind of vague as explained.
    2. Does all Arnolds trucks have APUs or not? Do they really charge the driver $199.00 to install your power inverter?
    3. Is Arnold using Bendix auto braking, Iteris lane change alert or Vorad collision, Dash Cams? I only ask because the two recruiters did not know for sure.
    4. Arnold is using the Zip to Zip code pay system instead of Practical miles; how is this effecting your pay?
    5. What average weekly miles can be expected between 7 State SW and Super SW?
    6. What effort does the driver manager make to get you home on time?
    7. Is Arnold worth it? I do have other offers on the table............ Any relevant info from current Arnold drivers is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. missjhawk

missjhawk Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2013
    nutbush
    I would like 2 know this 2 I was offer this job also they set my orientation 4 dec 9th without getting a solid yes from me

4. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    Yikes I see several red flags! Recruiters who can not be reached? hmmm that is # 1 My recruiter should be available any time within reason. Setting up Orientation before there is a "YES" This tell me they are trying to talk someone into something that isn't all that great! And what else? We have only just begun! wish ya Luck.

aimhigh Thanks this.
  5. aimhigh

aimhigh Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    TX /USA - Germany -China
    Hey luvtotruck: YA HITTIN THE NAIL ON THE HEAD HERE! but like love, we want to hear sumthin else! Now is the RED a metaphor for ROSES?:biggrin_25519: Thanks, and your assessment is likely to be a hundred and makes you wonder why these large companies still do not get it! National Carriers does the same; except they do at least answer the phones...

Aim High

luvtotruck Thanks this.
  6. Tecsun

Tecsun Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Does anybody have any answers to the questions presented at the
    beginning of this thread? Would love to hear from current Arnold drivers
    on their thoughts too. I am scheduled for orientation this next Monday
    and haven't had the opportunity to speak to anyone driving for them. Thanks!

7. Jokingypsy

Jokingypsy Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    If you can't reach the guy there who's job it is is to tell you anything in the world and blow roses up your ### to get you to sign on, what do ya think you're going to get when you call dispatch or safety?

8. Tecsun

Tecsun Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Not really the constructive comments I was looking for from
    "professional" drivers. Lol. Any insightful Arnold drivers out there?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  9. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    Go back and read my posts for the info you are looking for. The fact that Arnold has 2 orientations per week speaks volumes regarding retention. I've seen an ad they posted on OKC Craigslist for Owner/ops. Another indication of retention issues.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.