Arrow Trucking (Tulsa, OK)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by dcedlr, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Bad Influence

Bad Influence Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    I think they were playing the age old game of Fake it until you make it. Didn't work this time. One thing about this, drivers know what to look for when they have a suspicion of a company failing. I have been with 3 companies that have went under. Burlington Motor Carriers, Rocor Transportation, and Arrow Trucking. Although, I finished my lease with Arrow last year, the signs of trouble were there. Not being able to get timely pay for maint. concerns on the road, truckstops only accepting com-checks instead of the cards, shorter hours for shop employees, etc.:biggrin_25516:

ambivalence and Beechvtail Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ambivalence

ambivalence Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC
    Intelligent commentary. When did Burlington go under? I worked for them briefly in 1990, out of Albany, GA - my 2nd and last OTR job.:yes2557:

4. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    So writing and issuing payroll checks with no funds to back them up is OK?

Nobody goes to jail?

Bet if I wrote a $400 bad check to Walmart I would be in the jail house. :biggrin_25511:

5. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    I started w/Arrow when the Oilfield was booming in the 80s. They were great and had brand new tractors, FL Cabovers and 400 Cummins that would fly in the Mountain states. If they did this to me I'd be looking for someone with my 45. Tulsa Mafia again just like American Farm Lines and Bierman-Walkingstick-Legere insurance did in the 70s. They know how to cheat a guy.

6. Bad Influence

Oct 28, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Burlington went under in 1997-1998. I was there only a short time when they went under.

7. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan

If some good lawyers want money they will find acceptable proof of fault. They always do... Not like any of it will dribble down the the employees anyhow so it doesnt matter either way.

8. Phantom 69

Phantom 69 Light Load Member

Aug 10, 2009
    SC
    This is so sad..Just makes you wonder who's next..

9. Boardhauler

Boardhauler Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Ballin' in it for Shakey
    My question; Will Arrow folding take away enough capacity to keep TMC alive?

10. Jarhed1964

Jarhed1964 Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Charlotte, NC

It sure does exist. Minimum 30 day notice or 30 day compensation for laid off employees of any company. Federal Labor Law requires notice or compensation. Dept of Labor will be on his ### soon. They also violated several Oklahoma laws. I'll get a list of them if I can find them. Not to mention the IRS sniffing around. Word is, that stinking pile of excrement Dougie-Fresh-Pigsticker didnt pay unemployment for a while, did not pay wage taxes to the IRS, etc. Then there is writing bad checks, etc......

Trust me, that pig snot dingle-berry violated several laws.

He should be going to jail...... but he wont, you and I know that he'll get out of it some how.

11. Bad Influence

Oct 28, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    The Arrow Trucking Incorportation will be responsible, but Dougie won't. Should I say his personal assets will remain in tact. I know it sucks, but rich people don't remain rich being stupid. That's what incorportations was invented for, to protect personal assets.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.